• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Another question: would we have been bloody close to relegation under the Morgan/Jackett model? On the evidence of the first two games, yes.
We would have signed *some* players if no takeover was imminent. God knows who though (other than Powell)

Another question: would we have been bloody close to relegation under the Morgan/Jackett model? On the evidence of the first two games, yes.

I would have said we'd have been fighting a relegation battle. I wouldn't have thought we'd have gone down but it may have been close. I guess it all depended on whether Jackett continued to lose the plot or not.

We would have signed *some* players if no takeover was imminent. God knows who though (other than Powell)
Didn't Morgan basically 'give up' this last season? I wasn't here so I don't really know what was going on...

Didn't Morgan basically 'give up' this last season? I wasn't here so I don't really know what was going on...
He did, but we wouldn't have gone in with the squad this thin. We weren't absolutely destitute while he was still here.

We look rubbish at the moment because we weren't able to do any business at all before late July.

He did, but we wouldn't have gone in with the squad this thin. We weren't absolutely destitute while he was still here.

We look rubbish at the moment because we weren't able to do any business at all before late July.
Thanks. I don't think Morgan and Jackett could get us to the PL, they'd get players in building for the ch-ship eternal.

Exactly, unless we get him for a more reasonable price like €8-10m which is still decent since he hasn't apparently been very good since 2014 when he broke through. It would still make no sense really, if his intention is to stay here one year but it would be cheaper. :)

If he's only here en route to Liverpool, though, we'll get our money back, won't we? In effect, we'll just be renting him. Not buying more players makes no sense from a footballing point of view, but those who are arranging the deal might not be thinking that way.

If he's only here en route to Liverpool, though, we'll get our money back, won't we? In effect, we'll just be renting him.
I can agree with that. However I'd much prefer if he came here to showcase himself for potential clubs (even when we only have him for a year it would be in his interest to impress).

those who are arranging the deal might not be thinking that way.
I hope Jeff is thinking about more than Talisca, Mendes probably won't be.

If he's only here en route to Liverpool, though, we'll get our money back, won't we? In effect, we'll just be renting him. Not buying more players makes no sense from a footballing point of view, but those who are arranging the deal might not be thinking that way.

Can't see how that is a given.
What if he turns out to be not quite the player all expected, if he doesn't adapt to the English game, climate or culture etc..?
Have Liverpool given us a written guarantee that they will take him off our hands and guarantee to pay us at least what we paid for him?
The new owners might think it's a risk worth taking, but if I'm not so sure.

Isn't that the same with all players? Some players work and some don't, look at Carroll and Downing for Liverpool or Angel De Maria at Utd. All very expensive flops.

I'm pretty sure all this Liverpool stuff is bollocks anyway.

I can agree with that. However I'd much prefer if he came here to showcase himself for potential clubs (even when we only have him for a year it would be in his interest to impress).

Oh yes, he'd be an asset in almost any circumstances, and better still for us if he's with others of similar ability. Just saying, the list of arguments for buying him might not have our success at the top.

I hope Jeff is thinking about more than Talisca, Mendes probably won't be.

I hope so too. Depends on his brief, of course, but he's making the right noises so far.

Sky reckon we're in for Chris Martin. £6m. Have we only just got round to allowing Ken's last few emails to send from the server?

According to Sky Sports Transfer fees we have bid £6m for Chris Martin from Derby.

Would be all over that.

Back