• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Just seen on twitter were linked with kalvin Phillips - how about fuck the fuck off
It comes from a clickbait site which manages to say Wolves have yet to respond to Leeds but have also said they want Phillips as part of the deal IE made up bollocks, I wouldn't have wanted that clogger in the Championship under Lambert

Ferro is supposedly better than Dias according to our Portugese friends on here.

Edit - Wot Pad said.

It comes from a clickbait site which manages to say Wolves have yet to respond to Leeds but have also said they want Phillips as part of the deal IE made up bollocks, I wouldn't have wanted that clogger in the Championship under Lambert

My bait remained unclicked so I didn't read the article

Ruben Dias is the dream but I don't think we're at that level just now. €40m release clause apparently.

That’s not a massively outrageous price tag to be fair (I mean for someone of his quality and potential, not that we’re necessarily going to pay that for a centre back this season)

That’s not a massively outrageous price tag to be fair (I mean for someone of his quality and potential, not that we’re necessarily going to pay that for a centre back this season)

Oh, it's well below his actual value. Just don't think we could get him, bigger fish will be looking.

Linked with Tarkowski in the Times this morning.

He's a better footballer than Bennett, IMO. Think he would fit in our system very well. Could even cover Coady role if needed.

Different to Bennett and a better footballer. Bit surprised if that's top of the list for us but he would be a useful squad addition.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

What’s the view on diarwara from Napoli? He keeps being linked, and is theoretically highly rated, but didn’t play much for them last year...

What’s the view on diarwara from Napoli? He keeps being linked, and is theoretically highly rated, but didn’t play much for them last year...
Was being touted as the next Hamsik a couple of years ago but I've heard very little about him since then.

Was being touted as the next Hamsik a couple of years ago but I've heard very little about him since then.

I didn't see him at all last season but thought he looked good whenever I saw him the year before under Sarri, nothing like Hamsik though from memory. Seems to have a good engine, got round the park well but never really looked like someone who could deliver and incisive pass or would score many goals, can't say as I saw him come under much pressure in any viewings to know what he'd be like defensively though.

I didn't see him at all last season but thought he looked good whenever I saw him the year before under Sarri, nothing like Hamsik though from memory. Seems to have a good engine, got round the park well but never really looked like someone who could deliver and incisive pass or would score many goals, can't say as I saw him come under much pressure in any viewings to know what he'd be like defensively though.
Yeah I always assumed the comparison was about sheer quality than actual footballing.

Wolves have pulled out of the race to sign West Brom striker Salomon Rondon due to the cost of the deal.

Rondon has a £16.5million release clause in his contract at West Brom and, on top of his personal demands, Wolves have decided to shelve their interest.

Off Twitter.

Mirror journalist reckons were close to agreeing a fee but Burnley want a replacement first

Well this ones come out of nowhere...

Wolves have reportedly made an 'ambitious' enquiry for Croatian international, Ivan Perisic.

Arsenal and Leicester are also said to be interested in the 30-year-old Inter Milan player, who is said to be worth 30-35 million euros. [FCInterNews]

Back