• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Maybe Marcal is off? Can't think who would sign him. I think Robinson might have a cheap release clause?

The rumoured fee is £10m quid, which seems like really good value

But not when we already have RAN.

Maybe Jonny is very broken :-(

That Peter O'Rourke has got a sketchy success rate anyway.

I don't think it's necessarily one or the other, though- Marcal is a permacrock, and there's no guarantee about Jonny returning to fitness. If we didn't get someone else in at that position, we'd be relying on RAN alone for months, at the absolute least.

If Nuno were in charge and we were still gunning for a small squad, I'd say no, but I don't necessarily think that's the case any more?

Maybe Marcal is off? Can't think who would sign him. I think Robinson might have a cheap release clause?
French teams often seem happy to take back players who haven't worked out elsewhere. He's a known quantity there; surely someone in that league would be interested in taking a punt. Whether they can match the wages we pay him is another question.

I'd keep Marcal. He's a very good player and although he's had injury issues we wont get any money for him so it's worth seeing if he can stay fit when there's nothing to be gained in return. Can't imagine he's on mega money.

Yeah, we're as well keeping him. We'd get nothing for a 32 year old of questionable fitness with one year left on his deal.

We definitely don't need RAN AND Robinson. Entirely pointless.

Yeah, we're as well keeping him. We'd get nothing for a 32 year old of questionable fitness with one year left on his deal.

We definitely don't need RAN AND Robinson. Entirely pointless.
We'll need RAN and one other next season though I guess. Jonny should be back but a double ACL in the same knee means he'll be a risk.

If they think £10m is under valuing Robinson them why not, provided of course it means we can still do all the other things we wanted to do.

One of them will never play though, and then two of them probably won't play when Jonny is back. Look at Hoever, thick end of £10m there, never plays. Waste of time.

Bad use of resources when we have massive issues at CH and in CM.

I’d rather just play Saiss in an emergency than blow £10m plus wages on a third (4th) choice FB.

If RAN got injured long term the day after the transfer window closed and Marcal broke again then yes that would be a bit of a problem. But you can’t really plan for that.

The notion of a 4th option at left back when we didn't have a second at centre forward last season seems strange prioritisation. I actually like Robinson and would put him ahead of RAN at the moment, with the latter having the higher ceiling. I think it would be either/or

Marcal is made of biscuits and Jonny is on the back of two ACLs. Saiss could probably do a job at LB but right now, in reality, if we sign RAN we have one LB.

I'm much more "concerned" about Jonny's recovery than I am about Raul's.

I love Romain but he should never be played in a wide position, ever ever ever. I know he acquitted himself decently in one or two tough spots in that position but playing him there should never be a plan, only ever a contingency.

If we're that concerned about Jonny's status going forward, we need to bring in somebody.

If you're signing RAN on the mooted deal and you're that bothered about Marçal/Jonny then you don't pay the same for someone of more or less exactly the same profile. Sign him then get some cheap back up.

Well if you think Marcal isn’t going to play at all then you need to terminate his contract and sign someone else. Jonny will be fine, he’s snapped a graft, put a new one in.

We had 1 striker and 3 forwards into 2 spaces for the majority of last season and then 3 into 3 when we played all of Podence, Neto and Traore. Podence is made of biscuits too.

I love Romain but he should never be played in a wide position, ever ever ever. I know he acquitted himself decently in one or two tough spots in that position but playing him there should never be a plan, only ever a contingency.
Don’t really see much difference between Saiss and Marcal. Both sound technically, decent defenders, no real pace. Saiss isn’t going to play anywhere else. His role is backup left sided defender for me.

I’d rather just play Saiss in an emergency than blow £10m plus wages on a third (4th) choice FB.
No thanks.

Robinson is decent and £10m would be a steal. I’d be very happy with him and RAN for the bulk of next season, allowing Jonny to recover properly (Marcal’s injury record is atrocious and as much as I like him, he’s not fit for purpose - literally).

If you're signing RAN on the mooted deal and you're that bothered about Marçal/Jonny then you don't pay the same for someone of more or less exactly the same profile. Sign him then get some cheap back up.

Baz Douglas is on a free. signing on fee of about 800k should do it and here you are calling out Vinny for putting the squeeze on for no reason ;)

RAN with Marcal backing him up and Jonny to come back is fine with me. I don't see the need to spend 10m.on Robinson. He's not that good and will literally never get a game once Jonny is back.

Back