• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

So you have two £10m left backs of about the same age.

What do you do when one hardly ever plays?

So you have two £10m left backs of about the same age.

What do you do when one hardly ever plays?
They're 20 & 23. Robinson has more experience than RAN.

It's better than one young LB who HAS to play the whole time. They're both youngish, stands to reason they'll go through bad patches and need to be taken out.

And when our Spanish international who is miles better than both comes back?

If we had unlimited money then yeah, go for it. Or if Bruno doesn't actually fancy RAN and the stories last week were rubbish. Otherwise, absolutely no.

And when our Spanish international who is miles better than both comes back?

If we had unlimited money then yeah, go for it. Or if Bruno doesn't actually fancy RAN and the stories last week were rubbish. Otherwise, absolutely no.
Spanish international? Mings has played more than Jonny has internationally.

If he comes back, and if he's anywhere near where he was before, that's a big question.

If Jonny comes back to the level he was before then ace, we sell whichever one out of RAN / Robinson we don't want for at the very least what we paid for them.

If we doesn't come back then we already have a replacement at the club.

As I said before, this isn't something I would do if it meant we couldn't do more urgent things this window, but I can see the logic.

No, Marcal is a perma-crock. If he isn't injured now check back in a few weeks.

If we do get Robinson I'd see if can do something to pay Marcal off earlier for less than the remainder of his contract.
But I asked “fit Marcal”. So a Marcal who wasn’t ever injured With an exemplary fitness record is fine but Saiss is not?

that’s what I’m asking.

But I asked “fit Marcal”. So a Marcal who wasn’t ever injured With an exemplary fitness record is fine but Saiss is not?

that’s what I’m asking.
Yes, a fit Marcal at LB would be preferable to Saiss.

Saiss as first choice cover at LB wouldn't be a great place to be.

I think he demonstrated well enough in his few appearances that he's comfortable enough with the ball at his feet that he can be an active participant in possession, though.
I certainly don't agree with that, he'd shuffle forward, stop and then pass to Saiss/Boly or occasionally in field to Ruben or Joao.

With the normal proviso that it'd be a real shock if we got anyone apart from Sa to replace Patricio, there's apparently reporting in the Croatian press that we're after Dominik Livaković from Dinamo Zagreb.

So just to clarify, people actually want us to have four first team left backs at the same time?

Making up for all those years we had one or none

Play as a LB in the champions league
Played LCB?
Come on, mate. You’re better than this.
Clearly I’m not. You want to spend £10m on a 4th choice LB when to me there is negligible difference between Marcal and Saiss. And even if there was so, so be it! The odds on RAN missing more than 3 games between now and January with Marcal being out at the exact same time is remote.

May as well spend £10m on another RB though, I mean you never know! If Semedo and Hoever were injured/suspended for the same game we’d be in a bigger hole than if RAN and Marcal were missing.
Hi Gareth

So just to clarify, people actually want us to have four first team left backs at the same time?
Marcal: Perma-crocked
Jonny: Semi-crocked

If we sign Robinson I make that about 2 1/2 left backs. If Jonny does come back decent then he could cover or even play RB too. I personally like Semedo but I know there are others who don't.

Hoever then does become a bit of a spare part though.

Played LCB?

Clearly I’m not. You want to spend £10m on a 4th choice LB when to me there is negligible difference between Marcal and Saiss. And even if there was so, so be it! The odds on RAN missing more than 3 games between now and January with Marcal being out at the exact same time is remote.
He wouldn't be 4th choice though. If we're going to play front foot attacking football then neither Saiss nor Marcal are any good to you as a full back.

Back