• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Hoever being binned as a RB option and just a CH going forward?

If anyone on here as any knowledge on this lad, then fair play to you following the Rosa League

Also - Fenerbahce fans thought he was going to them at some point -

Not even pressing play on the video, it's a veto based on those honking tattoos. #BooBolla

Was in the Hungary squad for the euros but didn’t get on the pitch.

Very much “one for the future”, by the sounds of it.

He won’t get a work permit so the hope will be his time at Grasshoppers gets his points score up and the Hungarian national side keep picking him.

My gag about signing an unknown Hungarian come full circle (which is why my nickname is set as Kiven)

In the highlights videos I have seen he seems to palm or move a lot of saves into areas that make me uncomfortable, but that could just be people mistaking GK for camera worthy saves, rather than all the other stuff that is involved.

Although at least in those clips he seems to have great instinctive reflexes, and comes off his line quick.

For the purpose of research I’ve added José Sá (and his missus) on Instagram. It’s a big yes from me on at least one account.

Ahem, for the purpose of furthering your research I took the noble quest of investigating their accounts.

Bejesus, I cann't imagine she'll be happy at having to do her bikini shots down at Tettenhall Pool from now on. Although there will be one hell of a crowd.

Good Luck and thanks Rui. Welcome Jose Sa ( hopefully) . Decent business for me. A 6m boost and a younger keeper who will hopefully perform at least as well as Rui 2021 if not better. 👏👏🙌🙌

Sad. Hopefully Sa can come in and do well quickly

Sad. Hopefully Sa can come in and do well quickly
He's going to have to.

The club are taking a lot of risks here all at the same time. Testing fan loyalties (admittedly a disturbing proportion seem happy to suck it up, but I'm not happy with the club at all), changing the goalkeeper for a relative nobody, changing the manager for a relative nobody, let's see what happens with Neves and who we sign there if he goes (imagine if it's fucking Palhinha). You can even throw in dumping Adidas - who admittedly I wasn't overly happy with - for Castore who have next to no background in football. It's odd.

I just hope we're not aiming for a Mike Ashley model where 14th or whatever every year will do, because that will get very old very quickly.

As ever think it will quickly depend on results. They have moved a bit quicker on everything than I was expecting so far, so hopefully there actually is a 'plan'.

Don't mind the Castore stuff tbf, seems like they have thought about it and it looks OK.

He's going to have to.

The club are taking a lot of risks here all at the same time. Testing fan loyalties (admittedly a disturbing proportion seem happy to suck it up, but I'm not happy with the club at all), changing the goalkeeper for a relative nobody, changing the manager for a relative nobody, let's see what happens with Neves and who we sign there if he goes (imagine if it's fucking Palhinha). You can even throw in dumping Adidas - who admittedly I wasn't overly happy with - for Castore who have next to no background in football. It's odd.

I just hope we're not aiming for a Mike Ashley model where 14th or whatever every year will do, because that will get very old very quickly.

I think that's the exact opposite of what they are trying to do. To them 7th (without Europa League qualification) and 14th are the same thing. They have also realised they don't have the money to copy the Man City approach. So the plan seems to be find an alternative, you might say innovative, way to guarantee European qualification most years. I'm not saying it won't work, but it's high risk, and I think they will walk away if it doesn't. My thinking isn't based on any type of football logic, but it's a well worn business path, and therefore something that Fosun would be familiar with.

I know it's YouTube etc etc, but this video of Sa is encouraging. Comes off his line very quickly, stands tall - positioning is excellent. There are a lot of 1 on 1 saves in this compilation.

I think that's the exact opposite of what they are trying to do. To them 7th (without Europa League qualification) and 14th are the same thing. They have also realised they don't have the money to copy the Man City approach. So the plan seems to be find an alternative, you might say innovative, way to guarantee European qualification most years. I'm not saying it won't work, but it's high risk, and I think they will walk away if it doesn't. My thinking isn't based on any type of football logic, but it's a well worn business path, and therefore something that Fosun would be familiar with.
I said something similar after the Johnny Phillips interview. Brimming with hubris imv, it started with the Fabio signing

I know it's YouTube etc etc, but this video of Sa is encouraging. Comes off his line very quickly, stands tall - positioning is excellent. There are a lot of 1 on 1 saves in this compilation.

Saves one with his face - Already a legend in my eyes

Selling Rui isn't a move I wanted to see but I can see why the club have done it. A few grumbles around the club at the moment but I am happy with how they are doing business. Seems no one is going until they have a replacement in the door to avoid potential issues going forward. Rui and Sa are going to be basically announced at the same time, done it with RAN and Vinagre and expect a similar thing when Neves goes and should Adama go.
Can disagree with targets, decisions etc but we do seem to be more switched on this year.

Back