• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Would Ferro be a good signing for us? I know at one point he was really highly rated. Also he has played under Lage before and noticed he wasn't included in Benficas squad of players for the CL qualifier.

Think he suffered a loss of form and then went on loan to Valencia (no idea if he played much there) unsure if he'd still be considered a good buy or if he's done completely?

One of the Benfica games I watched he started at centre back. He was OK but not someone who I'd back to come into our back four and take us up a level (off that one game, so might be harsh).

He was tall, a bit cumbersome and left footed (I think). So I think DW would like him... :D

Would Ferro be a good signing for us? I know at one point he was really highly rated. Also he has played under Lage before and noticed he wasn't included in Benficas squad of players for the CL qualifier.

Think he suffered a loss of form and then went on loan to Valencia (no idea if he played much there) unsure if he'd still be considered a good buy or if he's done completely?
Nah he's rubbish. When he first broke into the Benfica team he looked better than Dias but then made one mistake, then another, then another and then soon enough he was clattering about looking way out of his depth.

Nah he's rubbish. When he first broke into the Benfica team he looked better than Dias but then made one mistake, then another, then another and then soon enough he was clattering about looking way out of his depth.
Sounds familiar.

michael-mancienne-109360327.jpg

We desperately need a centre back and I still haven't seen us linked to Wallace this summer

I hope we don't go all Dave Jones 2004 and do something mind-blowingly stupid like sign Gary Cahill, who would end up being the Joachim Björklund de nos jours with the way we want to play.

We'll be playing a three for a while I suspect and I'm pretty happy with Mosquera-Coady-Boly (you've got pace, height and three players decent on the ball there), but it gets thin after that - which we can't afford, with Willy getting injured a lot more these days and Yerson's inexperience. Saiss has never really hinted at being a permanent solution (though he's played a hell of a lot of games there) and I don't think Kilman is anywhere near good enough. Hoever looked shocking at RCH on Sunday. We've never tried Marçal at LCH. The kids aren't close to being ready.

Last edited:
I think Kilman or Marcal would be fine at LCB to cover for Boly

It's RCB where we'd struggle

Last edited:
I hope we don't go all Dave Jones 2004 and do something mind-blowingly stupid like sign Gary Cahill, who would end up being the Joachim Björklund de nos jours with the way we want to play.
My one and only claim to fame was breaking that news on Wolvescentral back in the day...

Marcal has played well in the champions league at LCB - he'd be fine. We shouldn't be having these conversations though - obviously needed a CB for ages and they need to deliver.

Marcal has played well in the champions league at LCB - he'd be fine. We shouldn't be having these conversations though - obviously needed a CB for ages and they need to deliver.
Are we just assuming they haven't been trying to get one ?

I think Kilman or Marcal would be fine at LCB to cover for Boly

It's RCB where we'd struggle
Totally agree with you wrt Kilman. I dont think the poor kid has even had a chance to impress so far. I can't remember him ever being in the first XI for more than 2 games in a row and he also dealt with the loss of his dad last season.

I get it that he lacks pace, but some of the greatest centre backs of all time have been slugs and have used their intelligence and reading of the game to ensure that's not an issue. The one thing I want most out of this season (apart from 2 up front, no short corners and someone to make some runs into the box) is for Kilman to be given a solid run of a dozen games. Let's see what he's made of.

The one thing I want most out of this season (apart from 2 up front, no short corners and someone to make some runs into the box)
Short corners are fine if they are done well. Previous season we did short corners and they were fine (still fuming at the goal disallowed v Leicester that came from a short corner routine). 2nd half of last season they were horrible to watch and yet we kept doing them. Can't recall who we played but we had one where the corner was played to Hoever who then failed with every attempted cross. It was like the couldn't change the routine until we did one that was acceptable....never happened

The BBC quoted a "Football Insider" that Spurs are in preliminary talks to buy Coady. I believe he's worth more to any club than his individual ability. Nuno also knows that. My question is "Do the money men?"

Rated purely on his individual ability Coady can't be worth much more than £15 million but is probably worth at least double that to Wolves even though he probably ties us down to paying three at the back most of the time.

Links to Danny Drinkwater on Twatter this morning…

That’s a “no” from me.

If we signed him then the no dickheads policy will have been thrown in the bin (it was Thelwall's tbf), along with the signing footballers who want to play football one.

That’s a “no” from me.
If we got the Drinkwater that won the title with Leicester then it's a massive yes
If we get the drinkwater happy to piss around taking a salary without playing then no fucking chance, I guess its up to Bruno to decide which one he will get and if he gets the 2nd version can he make him into the 1st

That’s a “no” from me.
Maybe we should get RoJo back and our midfield from the early 90's too, he'd certainly fit right in.

Back