• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I think a CM is certainly unlikely. Seems happy with Neves and Moutinho with Donck as back up.

They’ve certainly dispelled the “they can’t play together”, “they can’t play in a two”, “they can’t play a pressing game” narratives.
I still think we are short. Moutinho will still need managing, he's proven he was knackered last year rather than his legs being gone, so we have to be mindful of that. As it stands our 4th option is a kid, MGW out of position or Saiss rolling back the years

I think a CM is certainly unlikely. Seems happy with Neves and Moutinho with Donck as back up.

A mistake, IMO.

The way Hwang is being pushed on SM makes me think he might be the last signing.

I'd hope for a CB, and if we get a decent one and have no outgoings then it gives Bruno chance of a decent debut season. I think a fresh player in CM could really lift us to new heights though. Moutinho isn't gonna/shouldn't be playing loads of games this year and I'm not convinced about Donk

I still think we are short. Moutinho will still need managing, he's proven he was knackered last year rather than his legs being gone, so we have to be mindful of that. As it stands our 4th option is a kid, MGW out of position or Saiss rolling back the years
I think we need one as well. It’s just looking unlikely isn’t it.

I think we need one as well. It’s just looking unlikely isn’t it.
I think tomorrow is going to be the busiest deadline day for years - hopefully we'll play a part in that. I think you are correct about a permanent signing it seems too quiet this late on, but I'm still hopeful of a loan in that area

Last edited:
A mistake, IMO.

The way Hwang is being pushed on SM makes me think he might be the last signing.

Hwang is being pushed on SM as he signed during a match yesterday, so yesterday was dedicated to the match coverage and today covers Hwang’s signing. It’s just social media priorities/scheduling.

CB is more important. Pay the money and get Botman.
Reports are that Chelsea have pulled out of race to sign Kounde due to Sevilla’s valuation, so I may be wrong but looks like Wolves are the only club currently negotiating….only paper talk and me being overly optimistic, but this would be a fantastic signing IMO if it comes off

Back