• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Lille are still trying to play hardball despite knowing full well that they need the money. Seems like they're hoping someone else comes in for him before they have to give in and take whatever we'll give them.

They are hoping for Sevilla, but if Kounde has collapsed then Sevilla might not be in play. Going to be interesting

Interesting that Spiers has a higher number than has been reported elsewhere. That's be closer to €40m if he is correct.

There's always a danger Chelsea can just pivot and move to sign Botman instead...not sure they would as he's not as ready to make that step up as Kounde is.

It seems like there's too much smoke around this one, hopefully Jeff pulls off a worldie.

Van de Beek would be perfect as a 10 as well, although I have some concerns about what his mindset must be right now. I'm not sure Utd would let him go in all honesty as we saw yesterday they're a bit short of midfield options (though Solskjaer still never plays him, for some reason)

Interesting that Spiers has a higher number than has been reported elsewhere. That's be closer to €40m if he is correct.

There's always a danger Chelsea can just pivot and move to sign Botman instead...not sure they would as he's not as ready to make that step up as Kounde is.

It seems like there's too much smoke around this one, hopefully Jeff pulls off a worldie.

Van de Beek would be perfect as a 10 as well, although I have some concerns about what his mindset must be right now. I'm not sure Utd would let him go in all honesty as we saw yesterday they're a bit short of midfield options (though Solskjaer still never plays him, for some reason)
I think they've gone full galitico. Too many players for the same position. Ronaldo is just a finisher these days, be it a bloody good one. Portugal dropped Fernandes in the Summer because they didn't work, Cavani doesn't fit with him, you stunt the development of Greenwood. They only took VDB in the first place because they could.

A United friend of mine said he’d rather they’d have gone for Bissouma at Brighton and spent the fee/wages there as their midfield currently hinges on McTominay not getting injured.

I don't feel any reason to doubt GFFH's post saying we were close to three signings, so I'm cautiously hopeful of two more after Hwang.

Also, someone will have to clarify for me, is Hwang his family name or given name? I've seen it written as both Hee-Chan Hwang and Hwang Hee-Chan so I'm not sure which version got flipped around to fit more English name structure.

If we’re spending £25m on Botman I can’t see us making another after that unless it’s a loan.

That’s a small deal for one with lots of promise for the future. No way part of Lage’s three or four top players or City wouldn’t be letting him go.

Back