• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Whoooooosh.
Im just saying you are advocating a ridiculously over attacking concept with no eye for keeping the opposition at bay. This was Keegans managerial philosophy but times have changed even since his stint at Newcastle. Set up like that now and you would never get the ball to feed all those forwards and the back door would be open with a welcome in sign hung on it. You would get pumped weekly.

Whoooooosh.
Im just saying you are advocating a ridiculously over attacking concept with no eye for keeping the opposition at bay. This was Keegans managerial philosophy but times have changed even since his stint at Newcastle. Set up like that now and you would never get the ball to feed all those forwards and the back door would be open with a welcome in sign hung on it. You would get pumped weekly.
of course you cant play like that always, depends of the opposition, i just want us to evolve and progress..thats it

and i suppose if we set up like that they would have to defend?

One man midfields are the future.
no, but 7 men sitting back is definately not either..ok johnny, you laugh at all my posts, how do you want us to setup and how do you want us to play..instead of just laughing at people?

It's like delving into the mind of Richard Keys.

Have a fucking word.

Losing 5-0 every week wouldn’t be progress Fred.

To make 4-1-3-2 work, the 1 needs to be absolutely world class DM material but also a creator to feed the attack. Basically a peak Kante, peak Pirlo hybrid. Those players are hens teeth and would cost £100m.

You also need both centre backs to be quick as fuck and world class. So they are each going to need to be pretty much Virgil clones. So again that’s nearly £200m.

The outer prongs of the three need to be up and down energy bunnies joining at both ends of the pitch but also have to engage a high press too. Reckon that’s another £200m to get those players in because awesome as Neto is he and Traore aren’t doing that.

To set up such a system would need half a billion of spend and those players would have to want to come here.

Losing 5-0 every week wouldn’t be progress Fred.

To make 4-1-3-2 work, the 1 needs to be absolutely world class DM material but also a creator to feed the attack. Basically a peak Kante, peak Pirlo hybrid. Those players are hens teeth and would cost £100m.

You also need both centre backs to be quick as fuck and world class. So they are each going to need to be pretty much Virgil clones. So again that’s nearly £200m.

The outer prongs of the three need to be up and down energy bunnies joining at both ends of the pitch but also have to engage a high press too. Reckon that’s another £200m to get those players in because awesome as Neto is he and Traore aren’t doing that.

To set up such a system would need half a billion of spend and those players would have to want to come here.
Print that off and send it to Jeff please. Ta

I´m waiting for your answer
Not sure what answer you're after but beyond "you're a fucking madman, stop saying we should play all the strikers", I don't think you'll get one.

We actually don't have a Newcastle build-up thread yet but I swear now, if you say "I want us to play more positive" then I will personally fly to Sweden against all Covid rules and hammer you. FFS.

Not sure what answer you're after but beyond "you're a fucking madman, stop saying we should play all the strikers", I don't think you'll get one.

We actually don't have a Newcastle build-up thread yet but I swear now, if you say "I want us to play more positive" then I will personally fly to Sweden against all Covid rules and hammer you. FFS.
fucking hell Dan, thats a bit sad youre saying that to me, madman?..so you say you would do that to me since i have supported you all along..but each to their own i guess

tenor.gif

No Fred, I am not literally going to fly to Sweden and hammer you. Even if you say the same thing 20 times in every build-up thread. It was a joke. A caper.

Your views on football are mental though. You just think goals = good. So play more players who score goals. It doesn't work like that.

No Fred, I am not literally going to fly to Sweden and hammer you. Even if you say the same thing 20 times in every build-up thread. It was a joke. A caper.

Your views on football are mental though. You just think goals = good. So play more players who score goals. It doesn't work like that.
yeah, the game is about scoring more goals than your opposition in the end..i didnt say play 10 strikers really

I´m waiting for your answer
Honestly Fred, if you've read any of the Nuno thread or any of the match build up thread to the Leeds game you'll have your answer.

And before Punts explodes somewhere it's more about mindset than any formation we play in general.

Watching some dour defensive performances from 5 man defences isn't fun so I'd rather watch us play attacking football in an Atalanta 3-4-3 style. More like the 2nd half against Soton and less like the first half. Inverted wingers are the key to this (I didn't think Adama could do it but he's having a go at least).

Playing more forwards ≠ goals.

Look at Bayern, Liverpool, Barca, City for examples.

And the formation you want will result in the opposite unless we spend Man City levels on utter world class in several positions and those players want to be around Wolverhampton. I want to shag Kate Winslet. Brutally, I think I have a better chance.

Back