• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

This thread has just got very dark...
Tbf you’re fighting a one man rear guard attempt to lighten it up. But it’s the transfer thread so you’re doomed to failure.

Tbf you’re fighting a one man rear guard attempt to lighten it up. But it’s the transfer thread so you’re doomed to failure.
All part of my "life is shit and I refuse to be negative although in my head I am dying" mantra

Honestly Fred, if you've read any of the Nuno thread or any of the match build up thread to the Leeds game you'll have your answer.

And before Punts explodes somewhere it's more about mindset than any formation we play in general.

Watching some dour defensive performances from 5 man defences isn't fun so I'd rather watch us play attacking football in an Atalanta 3-4-3 style. More like the 2nd half against Soton and less like the first half. Inverted wingers are the key to this (I didn't think Adama could do it but he's having a go at least).

Playing more forwards ≠ goals.

Look at Bayern, Liverpool, Barca, City for examples.
Its not just about mindset if you have five defs that dont contribute offensively = half the starting eleven..understand how you want us to play now though..but with Jonny back(not johnny75) things will get better..semedo has improved a lot but isnt scoring any despite great chances)

Its not just about mindset if you have five defs that dont contribute offensively = half the starting eleven..understand how you want us to play now though..but with Jonny back(not johnny75) things will get better..semedo has improved a lot but isnt scoring any despite great chances)
Did you just read everything I put down and decide 'Nah, we need more forwards'?

Because if you did I'm popping you on ignore for tonight.

Did you just read everything I put down and decide 'Nah, we need more forwards'?

Because if you did I'm popping you on ignore for tonight.
Yes i did read it, and appreciate your contribution..yes, the inverted wingers have made some positive things..and pressing also the team higher up

So would Messi to be fair. Dybala is miles out of our league.
By reputation I'd agree but in terms of talent, or at least application of it, I don't think he'd be out of place.

He's not been too involved this season, first he had Covid and then for whatever reason Pirlo doesn't seem to have taken a shine to him.

He was excellent under Sarri though. As a 10, he'd be pretty perfect. Fiume would need to pull out all the stops for that one.

He's not been too involved this season, first he had Covid and then for whatever reason Pirlo doesn't seem to have taken a shine to him.

He was excellent under Sarri though. As a 10, he'd be pretty perfect. Fiume would need to pull out all the stops for that one.
Could he play as a centre forward?

Right, here's one for ya, who was the slowest top class centre forward ?

Chris Sutton, Steve Walsh, Iwan Roberts and Teddy Sheringham all spring to mind.

Cantona was no Bolt either.

Claridge? Though that’s probably stretching top class.

Back