• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Inzaghi is one of the strangest footballers of modern times. Had practically no attributes, but just scored loads of goals somehow.

By all accounts he looked a proper parks player in training.
The original Cavani, then?

Berba can do whatever he wants. What a geezer.

Dimitar-Berbatov.jpg
Berbatov-touch.gif

Almost magical.

Reactions: b3h
You could give me 100,000 hours of training and I still don't think I'd be able to control a ball like that.

Some absolutely fantastic players mentioned in this thread. I think the thing about pace is a lot of people would be surprised at how quick some players are, like Berbatov for example. He may have looked slow but he wasn't, obviously he was no speed merchant but he was quick enough.

Just on Inzaghi he was the ultimate poacher, definitely wasn't quick but he got away from players over 2-3 yards and that was enough. He was also one of the worst footballers technique wise to play at the top level, could hardly control the football at times but he knew where the net was.

Some Dave Jones-style scouting here, but Abdallah Sima who scored for Slavia Prague last night looked a serious talent. 15 in 22 this season, doesn't turn 20 until June.

Some Dave Jones-style scouting here, but Abdallah Sima who scored for Slavia Prague last night looked a serious talent. 15 in 22 this season, doesn't turn 20 until June.
It mentioned they'd put a £50m price tag on him in January. Next...

So are you suggesting we supposedly scout him for 3 years, then sign him and then still have no clue how use him every now and again before getting rid?
FIFY.

Silas being the classic example.

The Silas thing pissed me off loads, we were a team desperately short on quality - shortly prior to joining he'd got 3 senior Portugal caps and Mourinho wanted to sign him for Porto, we played him left midfield of a 4-4-2 - so he was out of position and then only got a handful of games and then never really seen again apart from odd little cameos.

Does anyone think Scott McTominay would be worth looking at? Hes not a regular first teamer at man United so might be tempted

Does anyone think Scott McTominay would be worth looking at? Hes not a regular first teamer at man United so might be tempted

I don’t think there’s any chance a Man Utd midfielder who plays the majority of games comes to us.

He’s a very good player though and ideal for our box-to-box type midfielder.

typical box-to-box midfielder that we search for but won´t happen I think

On the subject of CBs, I think we're in with a shout for the worst CBs (right now) in the league. I look at other teams CBs and I can't comfortably say that Saiss / Coady / Dendoncker would be an upgrade.

Back