• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

We have fans who turned their nose up at the thought of signing Lookman, are turning their nose up at signing Renato Sanches and numerous other proposed players.
I think the fans who need to realise where they are after 3 good seasons plus one average one and have a touch of humility are probably Wolves fans
Not sure anybody has turned their nose up at Sanches, just concerned about signing an injured player. It hasn’t worked out particularly well for us in the past.

Lookman just isn’t very good.

We have fans who turned their nose up at the thought of signing Lookman, are turning their nose up at signing Renato Sanches and numerous other proposed players.
I think the fans who need to realise where they are after 3 good seasons plus one average one and have a touch of humility are probably Wolves fans

Jeff could announce Ronaldo and we'd have posters saying his legs had gone.

My main concern today is holding onto Neves...if we sign Sanches and Botman, that would be brilliant

If we did sell Neves, I think we'd be signing another midfielder, probably Palhinha

I don't see how Sanches is a replacement for Neves - they're totally different players...

Neves isn't going anywhere. We'd want 50m and I can't see anyone paying that at this stage.

He's also pretty essential to how Lage wants to play in terms of turnovers and pressing. It's not going to happen, and I don't think he would want to go anyway.

Apparently it's because we want an option of a permanent and that is causing the deadlock.

Seems weird that they’d want to loan him without it. He has two years left on his contract?!

I suppose it could be fee, or Lille want to try and generate as much money as possible - he won't be short of offers if he has a good season here (though I'm guessing even if it's an obligation other clubs can still offer if they want to).

An obligation based on appearances will hopefully be the compromise

What are we realistically expecting today?

For me, I think we're done.

I expect us to try and get Sanches over the line but can see it just failing to go through. Can't see any other strong links to CBs or CMs that look convincing, and the Botman and DCC bids look to have petered out

Back