• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Sanches is athletic and big enough that you'd expect he could make a serious nuisance of himself in the opposition box if he was asked. So may not score a ton but should provide another threat for us.

Why does transfer news start getting exciting just when I'm getting sleepy...

And I'm sure your chirpy optimism would be sadly missed by any employer, I tell you what, If Bruno resigns day after tomorrow, I will publicly apologise and donate £50 to a charity of your choice.
Not saying he will. Not even saying he should. Just saying that he'd absolutely have the right to feel absolutely pissed off if he'd put himself out there with what he needed and the higher-ups didn't deliver.

With that being said- Sanches would absolutely be a good signing, and the sort of player Bruno was talking about. No complaints there.

@2:16 he scores a goal that we haven't really seen the likes of from a midfielder since... Well, a long time.

Having Sanches will make it harder for teams to double up on Traore as well. The thought of the pair of them running at opposition teams is genuinely quite thrilling.

Medicals aren't basing their decision on current injury status, all footballers carry some injury at some point. We have turned down players for potential injuries and signed players who weren't fit at the time.

As for Paddy's insurance analogy - insurance is based on risk so if the medical opinion is that it is a normal injury then that will be factored in.

Last edited:
Need to have an option on Sanches if correct.

Would seem odd not to have one included, surely Lille would only be interested in the money his transfer would bring in rather than actively looking to get him out of the club? In which case a loan with no option seems pointless.

It'll most likely be an obligation. Maybe caveat based on games played, otherwise what's the benefit to Lille. Only concern this could bring someone like Liverpool to the table, who according to reports were interested before be got injured.

Not a hope on Sundays that they have the funds left to offer us!

I can understand Paddy's concern here.

Sanches is a superb player but he's got a knee injury and if there are no complications he's still out for 4 weeks and then probably another 4 to get up to speed with the PL and the rest of the team. That's November before we see him at full speed.

But we've seen there are complications with knee injuries, one of those and we won't see him at all until January.

Seems an unnecessary risk to me.

My suspicion is that it's Sanches or no one in midfield, and we're only getting a sniff at Sanches because of the Mendes connection.

I'd take a Sanches who doesn't have an impact until November over no new CM at all.

Back