• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

If everyone agrees then why were people jumping in with exhaustive lists of his defects when all I was saying was I wanted to see more of him in a four before writing him off?

That response was more appropriate if I was advocating him playing with the new guy instead of Boly. You can't moan about an OTT defence of a point when you've just attacked it in an OTT way!
Because he isn’t good enough for a top 8 team at CB... Teams who have to defend more often 1v1, against the counter,

I can pretend he’s really good at some of those aspects if you want but I’d be lying.

I don’t really get your angle. People used to come up with an “exhaustive list” of defects for Dejan Lovren. That doesn’t mean he’s shit! It’s not binary! He’s just falling underneath a very high bar in multiple categories.

A top 8 CB compared to a title challenging CB is not quite as a high a bar but still pretty high. Coady falls underneath that bar.

You literally post on other threads that there’s no nuance, yet you’re literally doing the same thing. Being not good enough for top 8 doesn’t equal shit.

You also argue that loads of our players aren’t good enough for the top 4, yet want us to be competing in the top 6-8 (the difference really isn’t that big), yet want to see what Coady can do in a 4 and think he can be that guy. You’re either not been watching him for 4 years or are arguing for the sake of arguing.

I have no idea wtf is going on in this thread, are we signing someone? Anyone?

The nuance is that I just said I wasn't writing him off as an option in a 4 (not first choice), when someone else was talking about getting two CH's in and selling him.

It's not like I was suggesting getting Lee Hughes in as player-manager!

I accept that (at best) the jury is out on how he'd do in a four, but you can't dismiss him as a top 8 CH when he's literally just captained us to two top 7 finishes??

Goncalo Inacio from Sporting please. Chuck in Joao Palhinha while you are it.

I accept that (at best) the jury is out on how he'd do in a four, but you can't dismiss him as a top 8 CH when he's literally just captained us to two top 7 finishes??
Right so now Coady captaining us to 7th twice is relevant to his ability but Leicester being in the top 4 equation two years in the row (and winning the PL recently) Isn’t relevant to their squad ability. Got it 👍🏼

Right so now Coady captaining us to 7th twice is relevant to his ability but Leicester being in the top 4 equation two years in the row (and winning the PL recently) Isn’t relevant to their squad ability. Got it 👍🏼

Blimey... You tense about the game tonight mate? 😅

Coady literally captained us when we literally finished 7th twice. Hence I disagree that he's not a top 8 CB.

Leicester finished 5th last season, and this season hasn't ended yet, so don't know how relevant they are in a discussion of the top 4 and what it takes to get there. Not as relevant as a comparison with Utd, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and City, I'd say.

Blimey... You tense about the game tonight mate? 😅

Coady literally captained us when we literally finished 7th twice. Hence I disagree that he's not a top 8 CB.

Leicester finished 5th last season, and this season hasn't ended yet, so don't know how relevant they are in a discussion of the top 4 and what it takes to get there. Not as relevant as a comparison with Utd, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and City, I'd say.
Here you go again.

You’ve said on other threads are defensive success is more because we are a defensive team protecting players weaknesses (limiting our ability to score goals and progress). But now say because he played in a team that finished 7th twice so he must be a solid defender. Which one is it 🤣

As TT says, you’re whole team doesn’t have to be of said calibre. You can have great players, good ones and average ones. In our current team Coady falls into the average category.

Here you go again.

You’ve said on other threads are defensive success is more because we are a defensive team protecting players weaknesses (limiting our ability to score goals and progress). But now say because he played in a team that finished 7th twice so he must be a solid defender. Which one is it 🤣

As TT says, you’re whole team doesn’t have to be of said calibre. You can have great players, good ones and average ones. In our current team Coady falls into the average category.

I think you're trying to have about three all-over-the-place arguments at once here mate.

The comments on covering defensive weakness relate to all our CBs to some degree, but more to this season, where we've missed Boly for stretches and had to play Kilman and Donk more than we'd like. And, yes, Coady hasn't been brilliant either.

But I'm not saying he's brilliant, I'm not saying he'd be a starter in a 4 and I'm not saying he's in my 'top 4' starters either!

I dispute the idea that he's some kind of defensive buffoon who we need to sign two replacements for however, he's done us proud in the PL and got a well-deserved England call-up which he grabbed with both hands.

It's a fact that he was an integral part of a top 8 defence, twice: that's a significantly stronger position to argue than to conveniently shoehorn Leicester in as a top 4 side when they've done it once, in a freak season five years ago

Twelve 'Haha' emoji responses from Johnny to my posts and it's not even 10am!

Interesting how one of them disappeared and was replaced by a Pogo Danderfluff one though... 🤔

Some next level attention-seeking/WUMmery though, gotta say 👍

No wummery, I think what you've written is hilarious which I gather is what the laughing emoji is for.

The forum is for discussing with each other, which I've been doing all morning, not running around like a WUM 'laughing' at every single of one person's posts in an attempt to goad and diminish them.

How about grow up

Yeah, let's not do this again please.

Novel idea but why don't you pair put each other on ignore?

This isn't just directed at you but it's REALLY boring to read through constant sniping at other posters across multiple threads every single day.

Yeah, let's not do this again please.

Novel idea but why don't you pair put each other on ignore?

This isn't just directed at you but it's REALLY boring to read through constant sniping at other posters across multiple threads every single day.

I don't do ignore, but even then you can still see their reactions to your posts.

I've been discussing all morning, no sniping.

Incidentally, established, 'respectable' members are just as guilty of this as the usual, easy-to-blame suspects

I don't do ignore, but even then you can still see their reactions to your posts.

I've been discussing all morning, no sniping.

Incidentally, established, 'respectable' members are just as guilty of this as the usual, easy-to-blame suspects

I suggest that you do use ignore then seeing as it annoys you so much. And you've posted a fair amount of snide digs at people TBF - not unwarranted at times.

The last paragraph is just nonsense - I even said in my post above that it isn't just aimed at you and Johnny. Is it too much to ask posters (NOT JUST YOU AND JOHNNY) to act like adults? If you are unable to debate properly and are wholly unlikely to agree with anything another poster says or does, just stick them on ignore. It's perfectly simple. This is not just aimed at you and Johnny.

Hang on... I'm not sure why you're getting tetchy with me (and that first paragraph is certainly that) when all I've done is post about football all morning.

Why does one person doing something out of order turn into 'everyone behave themselves', and the advice is to Ignore when that doesn't block reactions, which is the whole issue this morning?

Back