• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Agree on what you like. Doing it a dozen times to one person in one morning is beyond the pale imo.
If you have posters on ignore then you at least don't get notifications of the reactions, even though they do still show below the posts if you're self centred enough to go back and read your own musings. ;)

Sometimes it's far easier to just remove yourself from these situations, let petty nonsense be and whilst they're sitting pretty in their little ignored bubble reacting away as they please think they're the funniest thing that's ever hit the internet you can enjoy the peace and quiet knowing you've been the bigger man and walked away from it.

I've been literally nominated for an award for being hilarious on the Internet, I'll have you know. Was a while ago now, like.

Sadly I suspect it inspired Tim Spiers to attempt to do similar and it's horrible to read, so apologies for that.

I saw that, wolves supporter wearing an Alice band best 2019 wasn't it? Or was it 2020? I dunno, the years merged into one long wet Sunday afternoon

It'd be a pretty thin field of Alice band wearing Wolves fans. I'm not allowed to wear them now anyway. Yoko at work.

I should really write something rather than dicking about on here.

It'd be a pretty thin field of Alice band wearing Wolves fans. I'm not allowed to wear them now anyway. Yoko at work.

I should really write something rather than dicking about on here.
Which just proves she hasn't got poor taste, cannot argue with the facts can you ?

Sporting is where the rich pickings are. I may have mentioned it about two pages ago but it got lost in the spats.

Blimey, that’s a lot of loans to be repaid - presumably they will just roll some of them over though?

I've just read that apparently Arsenal are willing to let lacazette go. He'd cover that wide / central forward role

I wouldn’t want lacazette, he’s not very good, and on a lot of money, that’s not a great combination.

Lacazette is decent. You can’t argue with his record - 0.5 NPG/90 for a basically a midtable team.

But yes, big wages and definitely isn’t a wide forward (don’t think I’ve seen him play there once). Definitely not the #9 we look to recruit so it’s not got a lot going for it.

He's a great goalscorer, I'd really like him at Wolves but there's no point assuming Raul is back fit soon.

Lacazette is decent. You can’t argue with his record - 0.5 NPG/90 for a basically a midtable team.

But yes, big wages and definitely isn’t a wide forward (don’t think I’ve seen him play there once). Definitely not the #9 we look to recruit so it’s not got a lot going for it.
Think that's fair. I like Lacazette but he's not right for us.

The summer recruitment of a forward will be interesting. I would loan a forward for a season to back/ share time with Raul and send Silva out on loan to the Championship.

We won't be loaning out Fabio, IMO. I think by the start of next season he will be in a lot better position to back up Raul more effectively. he's shown he has that knack of getting into those scoring positions late in games. Would definitely still need that wide/forward player though

I don’t think Fabio will ever be like Raul and expecting him to be is folly as they’re two very different players.

I don’t think Fabio will be ready next season unless he gets regular games at a man’s level rather than youth level or 20 minutes here and there.

I think there's too much risk in him going there and bombing both in terms of his development and the financial implications

If we accept Silva's issue is physicality, which Champ/Div1 is going to to take him and give him game time? Only really Swansea would play to his strengths maybe?

Back