• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I've seen him a few times and always been fairly impressed. His style of play looks and sounds like it will fit in this league. He is an out and out defensive midfielder though, hopefully we can get him and a more creative player.

He looked to run in a rather stiff gait but that hasn’t stopped Jordan Henderson being successful.

I need to watch him properly which I haven’t previously. Some say good things some don’t. Ball winner but not quick so will still need a mobile, ball carrier but then again we’ve needed that for a while

Fabio at £35m + £60k (?) a week over 5 years is a total of £50m

Kamara at £170k a week over 5 years is £44m

Would imagine Fabio is currently on significantly less than that salary too.

Palinha will be a good fit for the Premier League he will be a presence in midfield, Although him partnering Moutinho or Dendoncker doesn't fill me with optimism the lack of mobility would be a real worry.

I definitely don't see him as a direct Neves replacement in an ideal world he'd be the perfect player to play along side him.

Would imagine Fabio is currently on significantly less than that salary too.
The online sites which report salaries aren't overly reliable and probably all copy each other, but £80kpw is the consistent number. The price you pay for a generational talent

Example here where the Top 2 we know to be correctish. Although some towards the bottom aren't right

Have to see how Palhinha gets on in the internationals next week

Maybe Palhinha isn’t very good but we could easily have 0 senior midfielders soon so I don’t think we can be picky!
Depends on the price for me, although I've not been overly impressed, I'm guessing he's not terrible and would be fine to take over the defensive part of Ruben's role, he's also got a 'physical presence' maybe good in the air? But they're talking 20m plus, I suspect that will be not far off half what we get for Neves, doesn't leave much to splash on another midfielder, CB and forward.

What fee should we be expecting for Neves? (ignoring that Jeff and Scott will likely get their pants pulled down again.)

Not at all convinced that someone like Palhinha is what we need. We desperately need mobility in central midfield.

What fee should we be expecting for Neves? (ignoring that Jeff and Scott will likely get their pants pulled down again.)
If it's Barca then difficult to tell as it looks like their cast offs will be thrown in as make weights. If not then I think we'll get about £50m. Given my lack of faith in our negotiating I'd be more surprised at £60m than I would £40m

My immediate thought is if Grealish is worth £100m, why not Neves?

Although... is my perspective being coloured by my loyalty here? Is Neves actually as good as Grealish?

If it's Barca then difficult to tell as it looks like their cast offs will be thrown in as make weights. If not then I think we'll get about £50m. Given my lack of faith in our negotiating I'd be more surprised at £60m than I would £40m
Yeah, i'd like to think 60m but as you say if it's Barca the figure will be shrouded in mystery with players/exchanges/loans, also lets hope we don't stagger the payments in the same way we have for Jota, it's scandalous that we are borrowing against what we are owed and paying a premium to do so.

If it's to a club in England then we really should be getting a bigger fee, English clubs have more money afterall.

If he is to go anywhere, i hope it's Barca, as said by many i couldn't stomach him going to United.

My immediate thought is if Grealish is worth £100m, why not Neves?

Although... is my perspective being coloured by my loyalty here? Is Neves actually as good as Grealish?
They're just not comparable are they? Attacking players always command a bigger fee. For example, Jota, who couldn't get in our team towards the end went for 40mill, yet some of us are expecting about 40mill for Neves who is far more important to us than Jota ever was.

Grealish is English and had so much more (unwarranted) hype about him too.

Yeah, i'd like to think 60m but as you say if it's Barca the figure will be shrouded in mystery with players/exchanges/loans, also lets hope we don't stagger the payments in the same way we have for Jota, it's scandalous that we are borrowing against what we are owed and paying a premium to do so.

If it's to a club in England then we really should be getting a bigger fee, English clubs have more money afterall.

If he is to go anywhere, i hope it's Barca, as said by many i couldn't stomach him going to United.
If it was United though, there might be a few makeweights we could benefit from. £60m + van de Beek and Dalot would certainly make me think twice.

Villa sold him at the right time. He was the darling of English football fans at the time. A lesson for us is they spunked the £100m by and large and are going to have to spend it again to get the players Gerrard wants

Back