• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Swansea 2 Wolves 1 - FA Cup Replay Verdict Thread

I think he's very unlucky to be honest. Probably could anticipate better that Bony and i think it was Batth are going to miss it but he's quite close and it does just hit him. Doesn't sound like he had a great game overall but he's had very little football and until tonight every other time he had been called upon he was fantastic.
Hate to say it but he was very poor especially in the first half. He slipped early on, which luckily Roddy covered but then proceeded to give the ball away several times in bad positions. He did improve 2nd half but that performance won't help his chances of displacing Bennett.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I think he's very unlucky to be honest. Probably could anticipate better that Bony and i think it was Batth are going to miss it but he's quite close and it does just hit him. Doesn't sound like he had a great game overall but he's had very little football and until tonight every other time he had been called upon he was fantastic.

Thompson (the fucking moron) was claiming he tried to control it. More proof if ever that you can't just go by what the commentator is saying.

Thompson (the fucking moron) was claiming he tried to control it. More proof if ever that you can't just go by what the commentator is saying.

Ohh i know, i think i said something about that on the match thread. No idea how people listen to that every week and i won't be listening for the Ipswich game which i can't make as you can tell it just doesn't match what's happening. Twitter isnt't always great but it seems a much better way to follow the game.

I’m a big fan of Hause and want to see him get more games - but that was seriously crap defending for the winner.

How did MGW look guys who went? Sounded mixed on the commentary.
He was woeful first half as were a few others the changes went too far completely to have any chance as most would have known from line up. Swansea played quite well but when we made the first 2 subs we were better than them. The last sub i didn't understand.
Just got back I was a little pissed off but no one takes it serious anyway, the ground was empty may as well bury the cup and not bother

Big takeaway from me: Coady makes us a far better team. Period.

Make no bones, he's the first name on the sheet right now and we will have a hell of a time upgrading or replacing him.

Ignoring the cup run, we aren’t taking our chances at the moment, but we are keeping clean sheets, so it’s not particularly an issue as we are winning.

When teams attempt to score more than zero goals against us we tend to rip them apart, e.g. Brentford.

Agreed on that.

We still need to find a way of beating teams who set up like Sunderland, and Barnsley.....

Agreed on that.

We still need to find a way of beating teams who set up like Sunderland, and Barnsley.....
We have. Sunderland and and Barnsley aren't the only teams to set up in a defensive manner against us.

We haven't got 62 points and scored a shitload of goals because all but 2 teams have played open attacking football against us.

We have. Sunderland and and Barnsley aren't the only teams to set up in a defensive manner against us.

We haven't got 62 points and scored a shitload of goals because all but 2 teams have played open attacking football against us.

Exactly. Even when we haven't scored we've created enough chances to win the match and on another day would have put at least one away. I think the problem is that we Wolves fans have got so used to us blowing teams away that we expect it every match, and it isn't going to happen. We just have to tick off a 0 - 0 draw at the moment as another game undefeated and move on to the next and hopefully a win.

I didn’t think MGW was bad given the circumstances, he’s got a good amount of energy and can pick a pass. He did struggle a bit physically but then again he’s a young kid and still learning so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Wouldn’t be bothered if we didn’t see Batth again, Rod & Bennett (who’d of thought it) are infinitely better.

Night to forget for Hause, he was much better in the home tie but last night he was terrible. Looks like he needs consistent games too be honest.

Indeed. The day we stop creating chances is when I start to get slightly less confident. We could have scored plenty on Saturday - didn't happen. We're not going to win every week, and the less patient amongst our fan base just have to get used to that.

It is disappointing that we've gone out in the 3rd round. I thought we might have the chance to go a bit further than usual in the cup this season. However, I am not going to spend any time getting worked up over our 2nd team losing to a near full strength PL team.

If we were going to put in a poor performance then I would rather it came in that game than in the league, and I think we can cut the players a bit of slack due to how well they have performed so far. We are not going to be at our best all season so of course there are going to be one or two poorer performances. To suggest that we may struggle next season based on last night's results is, frankly, utterly ridiculous and wumming at it's finest :icon_lol:

Cracking goal by Jota.

Could it be that Hause was trying too hard, feeling the pressure, and ultimately blew his chance last night? Not blaming him for the goal as it looks to me that there wasn't much he could do about it. Ball came at him at crotch height and practically bounced off him. Bony was just more alert than anyone else and pounced on it.

Against Man City, it was more of a nothing to lose, no pressure game in which he played well. Similarly when he came on against Bristol, the game was won, no pressure and he played well.

Just hypothesizing more than anything, but I hope he doesn't let this one poor game get to him because if he does struggle under pressure, this is only going to make things worse.

Could it be that Hause was trying too hard, feeling the pressure, and ultimately blew his chance last night? Not blaming him for the goal as it looks to me that there wasn't much he could do about it. Ball came at him at crotch height and practically bounced off him. Bony was just more alert than anyone else and pounced on it.

Against Man City, it was more of a nothing to lose, no pressure game in which he played well. Similarly when he came on against Bristol, the game was won, no pressure and he played well.

Just hypothesizing more than anything, but I hope he doesn't let this one poor game get to him because if he does struggle under pressure, this is only going to make things worse.

There is definitely something along these lines, it also doesn’t help that he is automatically going to be compared to Boly who is playing a different game all together compared to Hause.

Like I say, I think with some consistent football he will get better, he’s hardly played in the last 12 months and he just hasn’t quite got that fluidity.

He also puts himself in a position where by his mistakes are going to be on show more often - take Batth for instance, he barely tries a pass that isn’t inside to either the sweeper or CM, where as Hause is bringing the ball out of defence and trying to thread a harder pass through to somebody in an attacking position - it isn’t always going to come off.

Cracking goal by Jota.

Indeed it was TDan, You wouldnt have known that by listening to talkshite though.
They reluctantly admitted it was a decent goal a few minutes after the fact, however they spunked themselves silly over
the first Swansea goal.
Very strange station, I could understand if D Gabbidon was the main commentator being an ex baggie and welsh etc but it was Matterface
who seems to take a disliking to us.
Plus point.....they actually know how to pronounce Neves.

Just watched the highlights...

To be fair, if one of our boys had scored that first Swansea goal, this place would be littered with South Park spunk pics.

We could easily have nicked something at the end with the Bonatini chance.

Indeed it was TDan, You wouldnt have known that by listening to talkshite though.
They reluctantly admitted it was a decent goal a few minutes after the fact, however they spunked themselves silly over
the first Swansea goal.
Very strange station, I could understand if D Gabbidon was the main commentator being an ex baggie and welsh etc but it was Matterface
who seems to take a disliking to us.
Plus point.....they actually know how to pronounce Neves.

Minus points: 'Diego Jota' and 'he's got Silva on his shirt, which is very strange ... oh, I've just been told EFL rules say he has to have his official last name, so that's why he's changed it'. Research/observation at its finest there. Wanker.

Minus points: 'Diego Jota' and 'he's got Silva on his shirt, which is very strange ... oh, I've just been told EFL rules say he has to have his official last name, so that's why he's changed it'. Research/observation at its finest there. $#@!er.

Also Danny Kelly saying how poor the match is and heres the "highlight" and then admitting he was in a very strange situation having only to rely on
the spoken word and no live pictures for a game!!!

Back