• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Swansea 2 Wolves 1 - FA Cup Replay Verdict Thread

A shame, first time you can really say that number of changes seemed to affect us. Hause seemed to struggle amongst others but I didn't see the game so can't really comment, will wait for those who went to comment on individuals...

Fact is, our second string lost a game 2-1 that had we not been poor in the first half in, we could well have won. Is it disappointing? A little bit but it isn't the end of the world nor does it define our chances next season against Premier League sides. If it did, we would finish second in the premier League seeing as we are the only team to keep a clean sheet against Man City. And that time we beat Southampton, at their place? yeah, must not have happened.

Four players in that starting XI who haven't played an hour's worth of football in the league for us between them all season. So not one to judge the team on as unless the regular first teamers join a religious sect where it is illegal to play sport between January and May, we'll never ever see that line up again.

I can't bring myself to get worked up about it. If we'd won, great. We didn't, I'm not too fussed. We'll go and win on Saturday and carry on romping away with the league.

Really poor performance in particular

Hausa
Batth
MGW
Alf
Mir
Enobhakare

All extremely poor you can't play with 5 or 6. Players all well off there game.

It was a game we should have won, missed opportunity

Hausa
Batth
MGW
Alf
Mir
Enobhakare

How do you know? I struggle to know how players have played based on radio commentary.

Hausa
Batth
MGW
Alf
Mir
Enobhakare

Mate, you literally didn't see the game, how are you judging individual performances.

Norwich take Chelsea to extra time. Norwich clearly going to be a force to be reckoned with in the Premier League next season.

Their second XI is marginally better than our second XI. That's the only thing you can draw from that tie

Started a thread, but Langers was in earlier so just close mine off

Didn't get going in the first half, the introduction of Leo & Jota gave us a spark though an error gave the advantage back to them.

They were always going to slow things down & waste time after that

Not the most important game of the season & one or two of the 'second' eleven haven't earned themselves any brownie points. Onto to Forest & 3 points is what is needed now

How do you know? I struggle to know how players have played based on radio commentary.

I agree, I listened to the game but can't make any sort of comment on how the team played other than watching the goals which were both pretty poor.

I think opinions on radio commentary are taken with a gritter full of salt.

Norwich take Chelsea to extra time. Norwich clearly going to be a force to be reckoned with in the Premier League next season.

Wigan are automatically better than Arsenal now too. Them's the rules.

Mate, you literally didn't see the game, how are you judging individual performances.

Cos when the commentators say
Hause loses possession repeatedly, as well as other thing you get enough to know who players well.
I like Hause,MGW Bright as players I give every player playing for us total.support always have done always will however they were poor tonight

I've said a few times that Bony and Ayew are decent forwards. Better than anything we'd face in the championship, and also considering we used our 2nd choice CBs I'm not too surprised

Bit like pulling the ugly bird on a Wednesday night out only to pull a model on the Saturday - completely forget about the Wednesday straight away

Cos when the commentators say
Hause loses possession repeatedly, as well as other thing you get enough to know who players well.
I like Hause,MGW Bright as players I give every player playing for us total.support always have done always will however they were poor tonight

You must realise this is rubbish, you can't really believe this can you?

Listened to the First half on WM. Literally barely spoke about the game so could give no input on how we played, so not sure how anyone else could.

Would have liked to have won given we have a favourable draw in the next round and were going to have a lot of players sitting around doing nothing for the next 6 months.

Wouldn't mind putting 3 or 4 past Forest at the weekend. 1 goal in the last 3 games seems to have got people worrying.

Their second XI is marginally better than our second XI. That's the only thing you can draw from that tie

However, out second XI were better than their second XI a couple of weeks ago.

Back