• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tetchy Rish! at it again

I used to take classes as a Fremdsprachenassistent in 2001/02 in Hamburg when I was blatantly unqualified to do so, it's not necessarily a UK thing :D

I could teach, theoretically. Doesn't seem worth it though when I talk to mates who do.

I used to take classes as a Fremdsprachenassistent in 2001/02 in Hamburg when I was blatantly unqualified to do so, it's not necessarily a UK thing :D

I could teach, theoretically. Doesn't seem worth it though when I talk to mates who do.
Your mates, if they have one of French or German to a good standard, ie C1, could go to work as a state school teacher in Luxembourg where the salaries and conditions are way beyond anywhere else.

Nah mate, I only know a couple of MFL teachers and they're tied down with families here.

It's something I might maybe have been able to do 5 years ago but I've got Mrs DW now.

Nah mate, I only know a couple of MFL teachers and they're tied down with families here.

It's something I might maybe have been able to do 5 years ago but I've got Mrs DW now.
Yep, time catches up on us and then we get locked in to a system with a family. I left while much younger and single, and that's when it's more doable.

Big news as we get someone to go to Rwanda.

1 person who didn't come via a boat, had his application rejected and then accepted the offer of £3000 to go to Rwanda plus the free house etc etc we are funding.

Not quite what they wanted but enough for them to claim the scheme is a good idea and is working

Record 145,800 children living in temporary accommodation, up 15% year on year, figures show​

The number of children living in temporary accommodation has reached another record high, while people needing help for homelessness due to no-fault evictions has also reached a new peak, PA Media reports. PA says:

Record 145,800 children living in temporary accommodation, up 15% year on year, figures show​

The number of children living in temporary accommodation has reached another record high, while people needing help for homelessness due to no-fault evictions has also reached a new peak, PA Media reports. PA says:

It’s as though no one could have predicted this would happen as S21’s are rushed in ahead of their removal.

"
"

Of course, there’s a multitude of reasons and we can isolate certain ones to suit our narrative, but you can’t suddenly implement S21 removal whilst simultaneously ignoring the affects of the last 45 years and be shocked at the outcome.

It’s a desperately poorly thought out policy and the results are becoming evident and not one that can be defended within the smokescreen of the bigger picture.

We’ve got two wrongs here are they both indefensible.

Now a 0% chance of me voting for Andy Street, you can disavow the Conservative Party all you like (without going all the way and quitting) but you get into cahoots with this disgusting specimen and you can get well and truly tae fuck.

How can you disassociate yourself with the Conservative brand and then have one of the main perpetrators of why they are so toxic endorse your campaign in the hope that it helps? I know there is still a cohort who still seem to like Johnson regardless of his lying, womanising, idleness and fecklessness but surely they are the ones as a Tory candidate you are counting on for votes anyway?

How those on Teesside can be still in favour of Houchen when he's allegedly giving away their assets for next to nothing is a strange one too.

Last edited:
The mental health thing is just the latest in long line of people they seek to demonise and blame for the problems in the country. It's been single moms, it's been brown people, it's been benefit blaggers, it's been EU nationals, it's been boat people, now it's scrounging mentals like me. They're cunts, and they'll always be cunts, they just mix up the targets of the country.

*well, without the scrounging. I'm paying £200 a month on therapy because the NHS waiting list is fucking piss take

I note the civil service unions are challenging the Rwanda plan as they view it as a breach of the Civil Service code to force their members to break European law to implement the batshit idea.

Government defence appears to be “no it isn’t, because we say so.

I will piss myself laughing of this what causes short stuff’s big plan to fall over.

26% swing to Labour in the Blackpool South by-election

Massacre of Conservative councillors ongoing

Tories only just holding off Reform UK too in Blackpool.South.

I think that's good news for Labour - it will embolden more people to switch from Tory to Reform, but they won't get near winning a seat (Ashfield aside). It's not inconceivable that the Lib Dems could end up being the official opposition

I'm still convinced they'll be some sort of bounce for the Conservatives. I think it is past the point where they can win or get close to staying in power but I don't think it will be the doomsday scenario for them which is currently predicted. The closer the general election gets, the question of who do you want running the country will turn people back to the Conservatives. People aren't convinced on Starmer and once a little bit more scrutiny gets given to Reform then part of the protest vote disappears.

I'm still convinced they'll be some sort of bounce for the Conservatives. I think it is past the point where they can win or get close to staying in power but I don't think it will be the doomsday scenario for them which is currently predicted. The closer the general election gets, the question of who do you want running the country will turn people back to the Conservatives. People aren't convinced on Starmer and once a little bit more scrutiny gets given to Reform then part of the protest vote disappears.

Plus Labour lost Oldham, most likely due to their policy on Gaza/Israel so we could see a different protest vote emerge.

I think the two, plus your Shy Tory voters will leave it still a Labour majority but nowhere near the wipeout it could/should be if there was a compelling leader in opposition.

Back