• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tetchy Rish! at it again

If every 18 year old is doing this shit there will no intake of 18 years olds into university in year one, which probably bankrupts the entire higher education system.

All the 16 year old school leavers in employment are supposed to down tools for a year after two years in say an apprenticeship? Bet the employers will be delighted.

The whole idea is utter cunt soup
Speaking with an unfortunate amount of experience here - working with unwilling 'volunteers' is far worse than having no help at all.

The wording used is difficult and it’s ill thought through but some sort of semi-compulsory scheme aimed at improving life skills post school/college might not be a bad thing. Think Macron is bringing something similar into France.
Yeah I agree, 12 months between leaving school and starting uni/work doing something community based would be good I think, not necessarily military based unless the individual really wants it. Not sure ifvits still the same butcthecwides cousins in Norway had to do something similar. I think one went bin the army, one-inch childcare and one in health. They enjoyed it.

If every 18 year old is doing this shit there will no intake of 18 years olds into university in year one, which probably bankrupts the entire higher education system.

All the 16 year old school leavers in employment are supposed to down tools for a year after two years in say an apprenticeship? Bet the employers will be delighted.

The whole idea is utter cunt soup
Don't a lot of other countries that still utilize it allow service to be deferred under certain situations? Not something I have huge knowledge of but certainly been a few examples of professional footballers having theirs either after retirement or at convenient times for them.

It's not going to be a good catch all by any means but for some individuals it's probably no worse than being forced to stay in full time education through to 18, for some it may be even better.

Yeah I agree, 12 months between leaving school and starting uni/work doing something community based would be good I think, not necessarily military based unless the individual really wants it. Not sure ifvits still the same butcthecwides cousins in Norway had to do something similar. I think one went bin the army, one-inch childcare and one in health. They enjoyed it.
Is your predictive text pissed?

I may have mentioned it before but when I turned 18 (many moons ago) I received conscription papers at my grandparents address in Italy.

A lot of wrangling went on between UK and Italian officialdom as to whether I should be legally forced to participate.

The eventual result was that from the age of 18 until I was 26, every time I was due to travel to Italy I had to send my exemption papers to the Italian Consulate in Manchester to be signed and stamped then as soon as I arrived in Italy I had to report to the local Police station to get the papers signed and stamped.

A few quick questions on national service.

1) Where will the thousands of employees come from to monitor the huge number of conscripts come from as we don’t have enough, doctors, nurses, military, teachers etc etc.
2) What happens to those with weekend employment-do employers have to recruit more to cover the gaps caused by it?
3) What happens to those who play sports at the weekends? Amateur and semi professional clubs would be left short of numbers.
4) Season ticket holders? Ah well Jeff will be at the front of the queue to offer full reimbursement for fixtures missed.
5) What punishments will be in place for those that refuse?

A few quick questions on national service.

5) What punishments will be in place for those that refuse?
None apparently.

It's as if the whole idea is just to get a headline and a distraction from the clusterfuck from Rishi so far...just 4 days into the election campaign

None apparently.

It's as if the whole idea is just to get a headline and a distraction from the clusterfuck from Rishi so far...just 4 days into the election campaign
Absolutely. While I think some version of it has merit, this is just the desperate dying throes of a government way out of touch with a big proportion of the electorate.

Back