• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tetchy Rish! at it again

Yep, and it is in Darlo. You have a point about marketing as even though I am proud of part of my ancient family origins in Darlaston Green, I don't think that Ikea Darlaston would have passed the credibility test.

It was just about getting people to identify their 'local' store quickly, I think there were only about 10 stores in the country when they first made those changes and Wednesbury would've been the closest for most people between Shrewsbury and Milton Keynes but I doubt half the people in that catchment area had any idea where Wednesbury was to make that decision to go there. Call it Birmingham instead and suddenly majority of those people would recognize it as their closest store even if that's not really where it is.

Aldridge has had a Tory MP since Thatcher, didn't even flip during the Blair years.
I lived there for a year in ‘92/3. The smallest cog on my mountain bike had more teeth than my mate and missus’ dad combined, another mate got his single mom on 60 Minute Makeover, the Struggling Monkey was just a social club for the local foundry workers, it was common knowledge the local drug dealer’s missus preferred it up the bum. That’s surprised me.

I lived there for a year in ‘92/3. The smallest cog on my mountain bike had more teeth than my mate and missus’ dad combined, another mate got his single mom on 60 Minute Makeover, the Struggling Monkey was just a social club for the local foundry workers, it was common knowledge the local drug dealer’s missus preferred it up the bum. That’s surprised me.
You can see why they feel superior to some of the surrounding areas

Sounding like Andy Street will win the WM Mayor contest by a small margin.

This is the day which keeps on giving.

If Street has lost this it is all down to having that "Conservative" next to his name.

If after HS2 he carried out his threat to quit he would have won by a mile as an independent
As I said the other day, I was pondering* my first ever (and surely only ever) nominal Tory vote for him...until he palled up with someone I hate more than Gonçalo Guedes, Leon Clarke, Bruno Lage and Paul Devlin put together. From that point, absolutely 0% chance. I won't be the only one.

*Still probably wouldn't have done it when push comes to shove, but a mark of how well I think he generally speaks for the area, regardless of rosette

Flitting between football, snooker and sky news, what a day.

Doing bundle recounts in the west kids and I'd say a full recount is pretty much a certainty tbh. Sadiq romps home against the mentalist

As I said the other day, I was pondering* my first ever (and surely only ever) nominal Tory vote for him...until he palled up with someone I hate more than Gonçalo Guedes, Leon Clarke, Bruno Lage and Paul Devlin put together. From that point, absolutely 0% chance. I won't be the only one.

*Still probably wouldn't have done it when push comes to shove, but a mark of how well I think he generally speaks for the area, regardless of rosette
I have interviewed Street a few times and he has a competent oversight of his brief but I don’t find him very inspiring and I am not sure he has achieved much that more than would have happened if he and his role didn’t exist. His predominant skill is inserting himself into things rather than creating anything.

I have interviewed Street a few times and he has a competent oversight of his brief but I don’t find him very inspiring and I am not sure he has achieved much that more than would have happened if he and his role didn’t exist. His predominant skill is inserting himself into things rather than creating anything.
Fnarr

Yeah I guess from the outside it's impossible to really gauge how much has happened *because* of someone, or how much has just happened under someone's watch

Arguable how much of a role he personally played but the Commonwealth Games was superb for the area and was organised excellently (having been to one night at Perry Barr and the cycling in Penn), especially in comparison to other events elsewhere that have been a shambles.

Of course it's a fairly neutered role in itself, there's only so much anyone can do.

I just don't know why he thought getting an endorsement from Johnson would be a winner. It's a bit like asking Steve Morgan to big you up if you fancied managing Wolves.

Birmingham Borough is 14k majority for labour. Borough is apparently 3 times bigger than all the others combined

Fewer than 2000 votes in it for the West Mids mayor. 2000! All the talk is Parker is going to sneak it

Back