• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 1-2 Crying Game Verdict thread

Ikeme, Batth, Stearmen, Doherty, Saville, Price and Edwards are players that need moving on if we ever have an aspiration to even challenge for the top 6.
All of the above are bottom 6 championship or league 1 players. May seem harsh on Price but last night highlighted his limitations.
Its not at all harsh on Price, short sideways backwards balls and the occasional launch usually floaty and easily intercepted.
Doesnt hang on to the ball and doesnt tackle enough. Against Chelsea he was combative and did well but chooses when he has a go.

Its not at all harsh on Price, short sideways backwards balls and the occasional launch usually floaty and easily intercepted.
Doesnt hang on to the ball and doesnt tackle enough. Against Chelsea he was combative and did well but chooses when he has a go.

That's bollocks. Price was a one man midfield last night as Saville in the first half was anonymous and Edwards just fucked off up front in the second.

Price was the only one last night trying in my eyes, he's not spectacular but he tried to find passes, however nobody moved around for him. We have too many limited footballers at the club and its getting worse, season in season out. Weimann another Edwards type player, plenty of so called running but little end product. We are a give it to Costa team and wee wait to see what he can do. Lambert hasnt got long for me, his failings are immediately to see, continue picking average footballers and no other plan on the bench.

Take last night, the lack of another sub in say Bright was horrendous management. I would have brought Bright on for Wiemann, granted not his position but its fresh legs and a new threat to one that hasnt been there all game, the reason why Bright never came on because Lambert thinks he can only play one position and that was occupied by the evergreen butter wouldnt melt in his mouth Edwards, who seems undroppable despite being utter wank. Again awful management.

I still like Price, it was only when blues were down to 10 we actually gave him the ball and we started to look ok (as in mediocre not good, but it was an improvement on the first 65 mins).

He's not the messiah but when the ball is aimlessly pumped over your head for most of the game what can a midfielder actually do?!

We have too many squad players and not enough actual ability (coady, Edwards, Saville, ikeme, bod, Stears, Batth) all perfectly reasonable players if used to support a better first team. Sadly our squad is chock full a mediocrity.

I can guarantee that virtually all those "sprints" for Doherty (I would describe them more as a "slightly quicker amble than normal", but that's by the by) are when he's going forward. He doesn't sprint when we lose the ball, he trots back. Constantly.

How on earth have we spent 14 months with him as an automatic pick, a defender who can't and won't defend? We're now sending out way worse full backs than we had in League One. As a pair Mr Gloves and Coady are as bad as I've ever seen down here.

The backline yesterday is the worse backline we've had in god knows how many years Dan.

Price is fine in a midfield 3 when at least one of the other 2 offer the creativity. His best form for Wolves came alongside McDonald and vice versa. He can pass the ball, but incisive through balls isn't really his game, but you put him in a midfield with Saville and Edwards and you are expecting that to come from him as it sure as hell isn't coming from the other two.

The other stats that are misleading are the ones for Dave Edwards - DW, I think you posted these some time ago? Yes, he runs around a lot and his "sprints" will no doubt show up well, but how many chances does he create? How many passes does he play in the opposition penalty area? How many of the things a #10 is supposed to do does he actually do?

He scores goals my lord, he scores goals. DAVE EDWARDS HE SCORES GOALS..

I feel for Jack Price. He's a football player, in a Wolves team. He needs movement around him to get the best out of him, and our players have about as much intelligent movement as a puppy in a box of bones. Fucktards

I can guarantee that virtually all those "sprints" for Doherty (I would describe them more as a "slightly quicker amble than normal", but that's by the by) are when he's going forward. He doesn't sprint when we lose the ball, he trots back. Constantly.

How on earth have we spent 14 months with him as an automatic pick, a defender who can't and won't defend? We're now sending out way worse full backs than we had in League One. As a pair Mr Gloves and Coady are as bad as I've ever seen down here.

there was a moment in 2nd half when Gloves charged up field (i'm sure he thinks he's become Gareth Bale), we lost the bal an they played a quick ball up their right side. I watched Gloves shug his shoulders, turn and amble back at a time when he should have been sprinting back to recover his position.

That's bollocks. Price was a one man midfield last night as Saville in the first half was anonymous and Edwards just $#@!ed off up front in the second.
really? no wonder we're fucked tbf i didnt realize we had a midfield

Whenever clubs and pundits laud stats for running I always think of the scene in Goal! When the manager teaches Munez that the ball is always quicker than the man.

Whenever clubs and pundits laud stats for running I always think of the scene in Goal! When the manager teaches Munez that the ball is always quicker than the man.

:icon_lol:

Hi energy counter attacking football is fine if your both creating and taking the chances given. 19 shots on goal 2 on target v blues 8 shots on goal 3 on target 2 goals. We have problems scoring goals and keeping clean sheets and we have an ineffective midfield. This has pretty much been the same for 3 seasons. Apart from those facts we are hunky fucking dory! Some one at wolves can't see the wood for the trees. My money is on Thelwell. He has to go as does half the squad.

why can 20k fans see the problems, but not the Club. lets hope Jeff spends a couple of hours reading through the threads

Just read Lambert's post-match comments. Not quite in full-Dean mode yet but definitely moving in that direction. "The ball was in the air a lot." Well, who the fuck told our players to launch it forward every time?

Just read Lambert's post-match comments. Not quite in full-Dean mode yet but definitely moving in that direction. "The ball was in the air a lot." Well, who the fuck told our players to launch it forward every time?

Did he wear his glasses at the game or forgot them at home?

I feel for Jack Price. He's a football player, in a Wolves team. He needs movement around him to get the best out of him, and our players have about as much intelligent movement as a puppy in a box of bones. $#@!tards

Absolutely - and it was noticeable that he was the only one to pick the ball up off the defence and go forward - Edwards and saville just passed it straight back to the centre backs or ikeme, was awful. Successful completed pass though I suppose.

Think Edwards completed 13 passes and made two tackles. Embarrassing.

Back