• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 1-2 Crying Game Verdict thread

Think Edwards completed 13 passes and made two tackles. Embarrassing.

..and to think there is worse players in our team..even more embarrassing

Weren't Edwards stats in the last game laughable as well. Or was that someone else.

Yeah, something like 11 successful passes from 20 attempts. A disgrace to football boots.

more likely to miss a pass higher up the pitch because of pressure etc...there you go

Food for thought, our midfield made David Davis look better than average.

On the midfield debate, Price was the only one to come out with any credit IMO, Edwards and Saville did literally nothing. If we are to persist with Edwards it can only be in the deeper role as it ruins the balance of the team at no10. Personally I want us to abandon this formation and get 2 strikers up top and get shot of the no10 as it isn't really working for us (more of a personnel thing IMO)

On David Davis, I thought he played really well shame he couldn't do that for us consistently.

A 4-4-2 of...would work for me

..................Bod.........Dicko................
Cav/Weimann...Evans/Price...Saiss.....Costa
CBJ......Hause......Williamson....Marshal
.....................Ikeme...........................

Again we would lack balance in central midfield without Evans but it would at least allow for good wing play and attacking fullbacks, I have picked CBJ as I cant bear the thought of watching Doc for another game, he is driving me up the wall.

Price may have been the best midfielder we had last night but he was still shit. Simply 'wanting the ball slightly more' than the rest isn't enough for me - that's a pre-requisitive for a footballer. Some of his passes were dreadful.

Saville, Edwards and Weimann were far worse and I don't really care if we never seen them in a Wolves shirt again but personally I wouldn't want Price to play against Reading either.

One for older forum members: knew Weimann reminded me of someone. He's a very, very poor man's Steve Kindon.

Bloody Hell! He must be bad. I remember seeing Kindon, week after week, making blistering runs from one end of the pitch to the other, only to fall over or trip up, before he could shoot, pass or cross.

We haven't given Saville a new billion year deal yet have we? He has to go.

We have a one year option on him I think. We definitely need to shed at least three of Saville, Price, Edwards, Evans and Coady in the summer if possible. It's a set of options that rivals our Osborn/Ferguson/Atkins/Emblen/Robinson/Corica 90s glory days for sheer nothingness.

We were never really in doubt of relegation with any of the 90s shitness. This load of dross have us in serious doo doo

Saville is the epitome of the most bang-average do nothing player you will ever see.

We were never really in doubt of relegation with any of the 90s shitness. This load of dross have us in serious doo doo

We had better keepers, defenders and forwards, the midfield contributed absolutely fuck all :icon_lol:

I'd definitely take a current day version of Mike Stowell, Keith Curle, Kevin Muscat or even (gulp) Lee Naylor as well as the vast majority of the strikers we owned back then (outwith obvious shite like Claridge, Williams or Paatelainen) but I wouldn't really want the midfield Marty McFlys. They'd do exactly the same as what we have now.

If our ambition is to hover around mid table then yes Price will do a job harsh reality is if we have any aspirations of challenging in the future he'll need improving on.
Yes he works hard and probably the better of a bad bunch last night. But he was wasteful at times and is in a lot of matches he plays and I'm not sure he protects the back four all that well either.

We have a one year option on him I think. We definitely need to shed at least three of Saville, Price, Edwards, Evans and Coady in the summer if possible. It's a set of options that rivals our Osborn/Ferguson/Atkins/Emblen/Robinson/Corica 90s glory days for sheer nothingness.
Cheers.

Same with Price it seems too.

Brizzle 2-0 up at Newcastle already so we're right in the thick of it now.

Back