• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Tbf, a mate of mine bought an old second hand one in the 80's and it was fine for the 3-4 years he had it......but they did have a bad rep even for that time.

Anyone got a Simba matress? Need a new one and the hybrid pro is on offer 'certified refurbished' on ebay

Meh, they are trial ones gone back. I've spent half my life on hotel beds so perhaps less sensitive than some delicate flowers :)

I've spent much of my career farting into those mattresses, so be very aware.

At my old place of work we had Thermic lances that cut metals with temperatures exceeding 3000 degrees does anyone know the temperature of the cheese and potato pie I had on my dinner last night, purely for comparison reasons ?

I'm looking for a bit of advice with my own thinking. In the news at the moment is the awful news about the young lady who got murdered and how unsafe it is for women. 70% of murder victims are men but no one gives a shit.

Am I wrong to think this way?

Please be kind

I'm looking for a bit of advice with my own thinking. In the news at the moment is the awful news about the young lady who got murdered and how unsafe it is for women. 70% of murder victims are men but no one gives a shit.

Am I wrong to think this way?

Please be kind
No you're not wrong to think that way and it is irresponsible of the media to report that.

The media enjoy a climate of fear as they have more clicks, sell more newspapers and get more attention for spreading it.

Just don't listen to them and do what you're doing with your research. They can have their own narrative, they can't have their own facts.

I'd imagine most of those men are not murdered walking home from a friends mind.

Last edited:
All murders are bad though, right?

We hear loads of stories in the news about male youths being chased down and stabbed / beaten / whatever in broad daylight.

I don't think this should be a gender thing, but if it is going to be the statistics say men are more at risk.

I think you probably need to split it into motivated/premeditated and opportunistic/random murders to draw much of a conclusion.

Wild assumption here on my behalf but I would guess majority of male murders are the result of an existing dispute or petty quarrel getting out of hand in certain situations, whereas these sort of predatory acts with little to no context would be predominantly against women.

Back