• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Those sort of prices are a million miles away from what I was able to get quoted when I was looking last year. Not sure that sort of ownership is ever going to be viable for me unless I have a change in career, higher mileage allowances just cause the prices to soar.

just had an discussion in a group chat thing at work. I am assuming my query wasn't welcome, as manager posted and deleted very quickly " I don't know why he is getting involved at all to be honest" or words to that effect. Clearly not meant to be seen by me and meant for someone else in a different thread.
Not happy at the public dressing down, however brief. Also tells me where I stand in relation to my manager.
Am now in a quandary. managers boss will have their back, so is it worth escalating or not.

Shit mate ! I had similar a few years ago when a one of the German bosses emailed me asking why I'd sent a consignment to Korea by the specific route (an odd request as I'd always made the decisions on the routes and timings, bearing in mind I had the contract and the letter of credit), now whether by luck or judgement he'd accidently forwarded the email stream following it, it included an email from one of the GB Directors in Yorkshire stating how unbelievable it was that I'd chosen a slower route, it would have been far better for customer relations to receive the material three days earlier on an faster sailing so they could utilise the material before the balance was due for payment.etc. etc. The German boss was more than satisfied when told him the slower sailing had saved the company €12k and the material still arrived well within the contracted period,
But that crushing feeling when you know one of the bosses is conspiring against you, I think I knew at that point my days were numbered, I know it's not the same for you LJ but I do appreciate your predicament and I do know how you are feeling,but are you ok to just carry on if you do speak your mind, or is this bloke liable to be a dick, I know my director was.

things ain't all rosy in that garden at the moment. went for a walk to clear the head. calmer now at least.
doubt i'll do anything straight away, but i feel terrible at the moment.

just had an discussion in a group chat thing at work. I am assuming my query wasn't welcome, as manager posted and deleted very quickly " I don't know why he is getting involved at all to be honest" or words to that effect. Clearly not meant to be seen by me and meant for someone else in a different thread.
Not happy at the public dressing down, however brief. Also tells me where I stand in relation to my manager.
Am now in a quandary. managers boss will have their back, so is it worth escalating or not.
You sure it was meant for you and not something completely unrelated?

Anyway, it's really easy for me to say but is it worth having a really honest discussion with your manager and ask him directly if he has any issues with you? He'll either say yes and you can work through it together or he'll say no and then you'll know he's a coward.

That'd eat away at me if I didn't have a word.

As a member of the Wolves Forum 'inner circle', you could send Kenny and Trips to kick fuck out of this manager. You could even go for the nuclear option, but I believe you have to pay for Glasgowolf's flight and accommodation.

Don't think I have ever kicked the fuck out of anyone* so can't help there

*Not including GBH committed on a football pitch

Pretty sure I was about 19 the last time I had a fight, I would be worse than useless to send round to kick fuck out of anyone

Has anyone have any experience in buying a car online sight unseen (with a cancellation period if it's not suitable)?

Was intending to change the car in November then another lock down occurred so even the local main dealers are operating this way with no visits or test drives possible.

Have identified a possible option with a local dealer (would rather go with them than a purely online system) as know many people who have dealt with them over the years & they have a really good reputation for customer service. Have had an offer (minus agreeing actual price) for my existing car from one of the gardeners who do any 'heavy duty' work for me & it could be months before dealerships are allowed to operate normally and I can arrange a 'normal' purchase.

As the second biggest purchase most of us make (& it will be a cash deal) then am cautious, but would rather get on and do something.

Is it urgent. A month and a bit and non essential retail will reopen

probably a fairly new preowned one - no more than a couple of years old (go a bit further if the mileage is low as I really don't do that many now)
You can probably get a really good deal right now and as long as the come-back on the car is water tight I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Yeah that’s the key - I’d be careful about buying at the moment without seeing, but it’s ok if you can definately take it back with no strings.

I got my last nearly new car online - although through one of the main dealers and they delivered it to the local showroom. I went to have a look at it before buying it. It is a box with wheels on - beyond that I have no clue about cars. This car had the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty, a Bose stereo system and wasn't a terrible colour.

Most modern cars are better than an Austin Allegro...

I got my last nearly new car online - although through one of the main dealers and they delivered it to the local showroom. I went to have a look at it before buying it. It is a box with wheels on - beyond that I have no clue about cars. This car had the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty, a Bose stereo system and wasn't a terrible colour.

Most modern cars are better than an Austin Allegro...
Don't diss the Allegro - a classic of it's time :D

One of the weirdest cars I ever owned

Mate of my dad had a brand new Allegro, 2 weeks later got a puncture, after jacking it up to change the wheel couldn't shut the drivers door, was out by an inch

Mate of my dad had a brand new Allegro, 2 weeks later got a puncture, after jacking it up to change the wheel couldn't shut the drivers door, was out by an inch
Build quality wasn't great really - only bought one as I needed a 4 door car to get a carrycot into the back & this was all I could find within my price range.

Horrible shitty brown colour as well - didn't keep it that long!

Back