• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Had a call from Audi today asking me if I wanted to upgrade, no need to really but if it doesn't cost me anything...

Got just over 12 months left on my car hire. Suppose I should start looking soon but not being inspired by anything at all right now

You going with an SUV again?

I keep looking but working from home I'd be paying for something to sit on the drive 4-5 days a week.

The F-Pace looks good, as does the Alfa SUV.

I need something where I can chuck the dogs in the boot without killing them. You, know just incase we are allowed to do things again.

You going with an SUV again?

I keep looking but working from home I'd be paying for something to sit on the drive 4-5 days a week.

The F-Pace looks good, as does the Alfa SUV.
Trust me that Volvo XC 60 I had on test was a cracking bit of kit, would recommend to anybody

PCP? Do you have to extend lease?
Yeah, PCP. I’ve got a year left, guess they want to do the upgrade / extension thing. Happy to do it if it doesn’t cost me and I can get something interesting.

Suppose that's the advantage of pcp. once the initial deposit is down you can leverage your custom with the garage. Came out of company scheme last Jan and can't decide between pcp or loan on used when I need to do more miles. Using other car in meantime

Suppose that's the advantage of pcp. once the initial deposit is down you can leverage your custom with the garage. Came out of company scheme last Jan and can't decide between pcp or loan on used when I need to do more miles. Using other car in meantime
Lease is usually the best if you’re not picky - I’m on PCP and have built up quite a bit of equity, past year with no mileage has helped too. On my 3rd Audi at the moment - not a single thing gone wrong with any, which is what I wanted when I came out of a company car scheme.

Weird that you've always struck me as the type of bloke that would drive an Audi

;)

Lease is usually the best if you’re not picky - I’m on PCP and have built up quite a bit of equity, past year with no mileage has helped too. On my 3rd Audi at the moment - not a single thing gone wrong with any, which is what I wanted when I came out of a company car scheme.
Does your deposit just carry over from one vehicle to the next?

I 'bought' mine through PCP, took the deposit contribution off them which gave me a ridiculous deal and then paid the balance off with a loan a month later. Sadly I'm now back to my 04 Fabia which will never die.

I probably saved 15% doing it that way as there was no prospect of getting the same deal outright from the dealer.

Does your deposit just carry over from one vehicle to the next?
Depends on when you chop it / deal you get offered. The sweet spot is chopping it in and getting a few 1000 off the next plus using a deposit contribution from the dealer on the next one. Guy on the phone today said I could get around £3-5k from my car, plus a £7k contribution from Audi. That’s with still over a year left on the current car.

Depends on when you chop it / deal you get offered. The sweet spot is chopping it in and getting a few 1000 off the next plus using a deposit contribution from the dealer on the next one. Guy on the phone today said I could get around £3-5k from my car, plus a £7k contribution from Audi. That’s with still over a year left on the current car.
So is it better than leasing? This is what I've always done when I've been sans company car. I put down 6 months lease as a deposit but that either comes off the back end or goes against the next one.

Any of you guys leased?

the pcp on a qashqai is £2,000 deposit and then £304 a month.

the lease on the qashqai is £1,600 deposit and £177 a month

both 3 year deals, 10k miles

seems a bit of a no brainer unless I’m missing something. I don’t intend to buy after the 3 years because I like being in warranty and not having any surprise bills.

Same response to both - only benefit to PCP is you can build equity, so your payments on your next car are less. Plus lease companies are shysters

Back