• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Present Day XI - CM VOTING NOW OPEN

Manuel Neuer - 71
David de Gea - 44
Gianluigi Buffon - 20
Hugo Lloris - 16
Jan Oblak - 12
Thibaut Courtois - 9
Vincent Enyeama - 2

On to right backs - three picks as normal. Closes late afternoon/early evening tomorrow. Remember, Lahm has retired so you can't have him...

Mods, title please :)

Dani Alves
Dani Carvajal
Danilo D'Ambrosio

Unintentional on the first names there...

Azpilicueta is quality but I've resisted as he's hardly played at RB for three years or so.

Dani Alves
Serge Aurier
Kyle Walker

Dani Carvajal
Danilo
Juanfran

Poor Seamus would've got in my top 3 but his leg break sees him consigned to maybe and Kyle Walker was great last season but looks bobbins this season.

Dani Carvajal
Dani Alves
Juanfran

Carvajal by an absolute street. Perfect full back.

Alves
Carvajal
Walker

Tough! Gone with Alves for playing in 14 European finals since 06, more than any club or player. Licht, Aurier both close for me.

Last edited:
Dani Carvajal
Dani Alves
Kyle Walker

Dani Alves
Juanfran
Kyle Walker

Alves
Carvajal
Florenzi

Tough! Gone with Alves for playing in 14 European finals since 06, more than any club or player. Walker, Licht, Aurier all close for me.

Alessandro Florenzi?

Dani Alves
Antonio Valencia
Juanfran

Carvajal has to be in the conversation but there's something about him that I just can't get behind. Also legitimately surprised I'm the first to mention Tony V.

He had a good season but come on. He'd been pony for a couple of years before that at RB and before that never played there.

He had a good season but come on. He'd been pony for a couple of years before that at RB and before that never played there.

This is going on last year, isn't it?

If not I'll happily adjust. As you say he only really became a proper fullback this past season.

Well it's not explicitly a verdict on 2016/17...

I would not say he is the second best right back in the world. You vote for who you want though, don't let me stop you.

Back