• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Present Day XI - CM VOTING NOW OPEN

Jordi Alba FFS. He's rank.

Disagree, he was magnificent in Pep's last season pretty much every time I watched them. That Bayern team was ridiculously good and it's a shame they didn't win the CL that year, team who could play multiple systems in one game and do it almost flawlessly. They were pretty unlucky in that game against Aletico, where Alaba did make quite a costly mistake in the end.

Last year maybe not as great but still think he plays at such a high level. Ancelotti is very different with what he asks and where Alaba will have been used to playing all three roles in one game, depending on the state of the game, where the ball is, what the opposition are doing I think Ancelotti likes it a lot simpler and maybe Alaba is still adjusting back to that. Both different managers, equally as good in their own ways.

Don't get me wrong, I like him and he's a huge talent, but there's been a lot of criticism of his this season. He was poor in both legs against Real for example.

Can't have Guerriero here either, played mainly in midfield for BVB this season.

Cheating bastard more than anything, I can't abide him.

Partly why I left Marcelo out - good left back, but a cheat. I haven't seen a great deal of Alaba but whenever I have seen him, he's been average. Only basing it on my own experience.

Eh, was Azpi really a LB last season..

It's not a verdict on 2016/17 per se though is it.

He played all the three previous years at LB.

Alex Sandro
Cesar Azpilicueta
Filipe Luis

Doesn't look like this one is attracting the attention that the other two threads did. Either that or no-one can be bothered voting on full backs :D

Marcelo - 13
Alex Sandro - 12
David Alaba - 12
Jordi Alba - 6
Cesar Azpilicueta - 5
Filipe Luis - 4
Danny Rose - 1
Raphael Guerreiro - 1

Central halves - six picks, two go through. Dead simple.

Leo Bonucci
Sergio Ramos
Thiago Silva
Gerard Pique
Giorgio Chiellini
Mats Hummels

I don't like Ramos, but it's impossible to leave him out. He's been immense for years.

Doesn't look like this one is attracting the attention that the other two threads did. Either that or no-one can be bothered voting on full backs :D

Marcelo - 13
Alex Sandro - 12
David Alaba - 12
Jordi Alba - 6
Cesar Azpilicueta - 5
Filipe Luis - 4
Danny Rose - 1
Raphael Guerreiro - 1
The thread title never got changed from RB, tbf.

Well obviously I blame Jinky for that, but I doubt it had much impact.

Sergio Ramos
Mats Hummels
Toby Alderweireld
Jan Vertonghen
Giorgio Chiellini
Thiago Silva

Sergio Ramos
Leonardo Bonucci
Mats Hummels
Gerard Pique
Toby Alderweireld
Jerome Boateng

Leo Bonucci
Sergio Ramos
Mats Hunmels
Giorgio Chiellini
Toby Alderweireld
Diego Godin

I've done it (I forgot I was a mod!) via Tapatalk. It's piss easy Jinks.

Bonucci!
Ramos
Chiellini
Silva
Alderweireld
Hummels

Giorgio Chiellini
Thiago Silva
Leonardo Bonucci
Toby Alderweireld
Sergio Ramos
Jerome Boateng