• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Present Day XI - CM VOTING NOW OPEN

You want me to explain why the guy who has won practically everything there is to win is better than Laurent bloody Koscielny?

Pique has played at such a high level now for years. Koscielny still hasn't got past the last sixteen of the Champions League. And makes far many key mistakes for someone supposedly so good. He's decent, but I wouldn't have him in a Premier League best eleven let alone the world.

You want me to explain why the guy who has won practically everything there is to win is better than Laurent bloody Koscielny?

Pique has played at such a high level now for years. Koscielny still hasn't got past the last sixteen of the Champions League. And makes far many key mistakes for someone supposedly so good. He's decent, but I wouldn't have him in a Premier League best eleven let alone the world.
He plays in a superior team..he is not a better defender by default..Barca has never been exposed at the same level(same with playing for Spain) you should know all of this

Why do you think it is exactly that he is in a successful team - and an important part of it?

Look at the players mentioned so far and who they play for - Real, Barca, Bayern and Juve players make up the vast majority of the top two picks. Which of those teams would Koscielny get in? None of them I'd say. Nowhere near. And it's not just people picking blindly on club because Mascherano, Umtiti, Pepe, Barzagli, Varane etc haven't got a single vote.

You seriously like him which is cool and up to you, but it's telling that no-one else would have him anywhere near. His midfield equivalent would be someone like Marchisio, perfectly good player but world elite level? One of the top six players in his position in the entire world? No chance.

Look I have watched thousand of games with Barca and arsenal and you really must be joking if you think pique is a better defender than koscielny..fucking hell..just look at the games, Kosc is majestic and almost never get a yellow because he reads the game so well

Well he just missed the FA Cup final...after getting sent off for an absolute nonsense of a tackle against Everton ;)

I don't think even the most positive of Arsenal fans would agree with your assessment of him.

In these type of polls most people tend to choose the same players

Well he just missed the FA Cup final...after getting sent off for an absolute nonsense of a tackle against Everton ;)

I don't think even the most positive of Arsenal fans would agree with your assessment of him.
Do you think any defender in the world has a 100 percent record...I can find mistakes on whichever defender in the world if you want..nonsense, look at the stats you always bring

Alright mate, I didn't know you loved Laurent so much. I'll leave him alone now. Being as I don't even dislike the fella :icon_lol:

Ok then, if you want I can show you some stats? ;)

That prove he is the best defender in the world? I look forward to this

Am tempted to throw Koscielny into my 6 purely based on freds passionate arguments for him

Lmao, was just thinking someone is gunna add "Kosc lover" to Fred's user title then noticed the end bit someone has added! :icon_razz:

There's no room left Fred haha.

building on my title..got that coming didnt I? :)

btw the spelling of the god in my title is not correct ;)

sorry for my outburst yesterday, i was drunk and has had a bad couple of 12 months..latest thing i got a letter i wont have the driving licence back in 1 or 2 years because i drove a moped home from my friends house to mine(250m) and a civilian police car was checking people and i had 0,3 of alcohole when they caught me..then I had to go to the policestation and blow again, and of course the two whiskeys i had just before i was driving my moped home to go out with my friends raised when i had arrived at the police station..0.7 it was now..so, sorry for my aggression DW and all concerned..just wanna survive this nightmare of a life

Doubt you really need to apologise Fred it was only some Kosc bants. Hope you have a better next 12 months

Back