• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Worst Wolves XI Thread

I don't think you can say that Kyle or Davies were awful, they fulfilled a specific need at a specific time, and a bit harsh to have Frankowski in ahead of Nouble.

I really liked Mixu, no goals in 23 league games, but without his 4 Cup goals we'd have never got to the Semi final in 97/98. He was made of bricks, and tried his hardest at all times.

I saw him miss from a yard out vs Blues. Top finish at Selhurst Park vs Wimbledon though.

I have finally whittled my strikers list down to three. It has been really really difficult. I am at work today so can I vote early please? If so please accept the following nominations

1. Tomasz Frankowski- the pole without a goal. 1.4 million on the back of an excellent scoring record at Krakow and internationally. For us he was $#@!e!
2. Leon Clarke- Yes Big Leon makes the cut as he was awful. Not once but twice! Yes we even spent money to buy him back. He makes the list for that insanity alone.
3. Steve Claridge- I loved him at Cambridge, I have fond memories of his clapped out Ford Cortina that had the interior look and cleanliness of a skip but he came here and had 5 awful games and left. Useless. Makes the list for his anti Wolves bias now too.

There are numerous honourable mentions for strikers. Sami Al Jaber , for playing in the asian cup with painkilling injections thereby ending any chance of him appearing again for us came close. Adam Le Fondre- a goal machine until he got to Molineux where he displayed the first touch of a baby Elephant most of the time.Grant Holt for being the size of a baby elephant with a significantly slower turn of pace. Again I forgive the 80's lot as they knew not what they did. I could easily have nominated 3 full teams in the worst team ever catagory and been able to argue a case for their inclusion. Sorry to vote early- but work calls and I dont want to miss this one!

So its this order
Frankowski
Leon Clarke
Steve Claridge
Al Jaber
Holt
Le fondre

As I am only allowed six , honorable mentions now go to Maierhoffer the only 6 ft 7 player who couldn't win a ball in the air, Paul Stewart who did nothing at all, Harvard Flo who never convinced me he was any good but at least scored 1 in 4,

Havard Flo was alright.

Surprised at the mentions for Al-Jaber, not like he cost us much, he didn't play much and when he did it's not as if he looked comically out of his depth (unlike say, Nouble, who is up there with Paul Jones as the worst technical footballer I've ever seen play for Wolves). In fact at the time plenty of people wanted him to get more gametime, not less.

Tons worse than him. Glen Crowe for instance.

Frank Nouble
Leon Clarke
Stefan Maierhofer
Grant Holt
Freddy Eastwood
Jake Cassidy

Robert Taylor. The ultimate "meh" forward

I'd say Joe Mason is the ultimate "meh" forward. Because he's just mediocre at everything.

Robert Taylor was offensively shit, especially for what we paid and given that was such a massive chunk of our budget.

Leon Clarke - not just that he was shit, or cost 750k, but his lack of pace meant we had no out ball
Steve Claridge - not just that he was shit, but him instead of bully in the semi...
Stephen Elliott - yeah, mostly just that he was shit and cost money
Robert Taylor - useless fat bastard
Joe Mason - 3.5 million? Not fast, not skilful, shit in the air, doesn't work hard - he has nothing good at all
Tomasz Frankiwski - I felt sorry for him, but he cost all our money at the time and was terrible.

Frankowski
Eastwood
Taylor (R)
Claridge
Hankin
Small

Havard Flo was alright.

Surprised at the mentions for Al-Jaber, not like he cost us much, he didn't play much and when he did it's not as if he looked comically out of his depth (unlike say, Nouble, who is up there with Paul Jones as the worst technical footballer I've ever seen play for Wolves). In fact at the time plenty of people wanted him to get more gametime, not less.

Tons worse than him. Glen Crowe for instance.

Ah but he pissed off to the Asian cup without telling us he was injured, played full of injections and fucked himself for the rest of the season. Prize Prickism that gets him a fourth. Harvard was poor given the hype but not poor enough for the list. Honestly you could argue for any from a list of 20 since 1985 and it would be justifiable. I forgot about Proudlock too! Nouble played twice and I saw neither game so he's out.

We were getting rid of Sami anyway. We let him go and play for Saudi because he had no future here whatsoever.

Surprised nobody is going for Craig Davies and his awful neck tattoo.

A genuinely pathetic player at Championship level.

Nouble utterly dreadful and a real prick too. I'm sure I remember him taking the piss out of siggy on twitter. Hilarity.

I really liked Mixu, no goals in 23 league games, but without his 4 Cup goals we'd have never got to the Semi final in 97/98. He was made of bricks, and tried his hardest at all times.

Great goal at QPR in the league cup too.

Surprised nobody is going for Craig Davies and his awful neck tattoo.

A genuinely pathetic player at Championship level.

And yet still got a gig at this level (sort of) last season, a decade after we got rid of him :icon_lol:

Given we had no players, no money as such and we knew he would be extremely limited, I could deal with him. Never really looked like scoring in the league (I think he had one ruled out against Cardiff for no reason) but he was better than Leon. We actually paired them briefly from memory...

I can understand why people mention Proudlock as he was a prick. But he did at least have one good season in a rubbish team before he turned fat and mulleted. Eastwood, for instance, had about two good games and cost us money. God bless Chris Coleman for giving us most of it back.

I despised Freddy and despised even more what his presence did to the way the fans treated Keogh. Disgraceful.

We were getting rid of Sami anyway. We let him go and play for Saudi because he had no future here whatsoever.

Didn't know that. I can remember being bloody annoyed when he couldn't play anymore. Its strange how players can disappoint! My six are all players who should have done much much better than they did here in my personal view. As I say Nouble etc I didn't see either of his games. Eastwood scored when I saw him!

Oh good god how did I forget sigurdarson? But again I saw him score at Peterborough so he may have been 99% shit but can't go on my list!

Sig's back injury fucked him. I thought he looked pretty good in 2012/13, albeit amongst a sea of shite. Ken didn't treat him well either.

Not worth what we paid and by the time we brought him in from the deep, deep cold he was awful, but we could have made more of him. More a club failing than him being rubbish.

Sig's back injury $#@!ed him. I thought he looked pretty good in 2012/13, albeit amongst a sea of $#@!e. Ken didn't treat him well either.

Not worth what we paid and by the time we brought him in from the deep, deep cold he was awful, but we could have made more of him. More a club failing than him being rubbish.

He was over hyped and we aid 2 mil didn't we? He fits the pattern but I agree with your view on injury and treatment.

Sig's back injury $#@!ed him. I thought he looked pretty good in 2012/13, albeit amongst a sea of $#@!e. Ken didn't treat him well either.

If there's one thing I hold against Ståle it's creating the idea that Siggy could play wide right. It didn't work, it was never going to work, Bjorn had never played that position at Lillestrøm, and it just didn't fit his skill set.

Back