• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

Street circuits are fine if they’re done correctly though. The main mistake made by designers is that they set up the circuit so it’s too narrow for overtaking.

If Las Vegas is closer to Azerbaijan, (Vietnam) or Singapore then they can be good fun. The issue is places like Saudi (albeit it wasn’t a snooze fest this time tbf) and Monaco which don’t provide an appropriate level of risk / reward.

If. I agree but they rarely are. Singapore is about the only one I like. The Vegas lap on first glance looks a bit pants

Baku is pretty cool. The one I absolutely loathe is Monaco.
Monaco is a shit watch, unless it rains. Drivers love it though, they see it as a huge challenge. Its never going to be binned.

Valencia was comically awful. Possibly the worst circuit ever bar Magny-Cours.

Monaco is a shit watch, unless it rains. Drivers love it though, they see it as a huge challenge. Its never going to be binned.
Drivers love it because they can get up five minutes before lights out and walk there..

Drivers love it because they can get up five minutes before lights out and walk there..
and in some cases....crash out and fuck off back to their apartment before the lap has finished

You clearly never saw Phoenix then!

Las Vegas the first time round was also a complete joke.
Wasn't that on the car park, sorry parking lot, of the Caesers Palace Hotel?

I think they should do this one around the multi story car park at the Bellagio

Just noticing they've widened a few corners for next weeks Australian GP, but the worst is they've gotten rid of the Turn 9/10 chicane completely, and will just have a long back straight for DRS going into the fast (old) 11/12 left/right sequence.

"The old Turn 9/10 chicane, which led cars onto the palm tree-lined sweeper towards the Turn 11/12 flipflop, is now gone. It is now simply a flat-out blast out of Turn 6, through Turns 7 and 8 and all the way down to what used to be known as Turn 11/12, but is now Turn 9/10. The approach speed to that complex is expecting to be over 330 km/h with drivers subjected to 5.4G as they turn into Turn 9. The back straight will be used as a new DRS zone."

DRS2 looks too short to re-overtake. 4 might be just long enough.

Turn 3 was always an overtaking spot in the past if you got better drive out of turn 2

I guess really it's two long DRS zones but with a breaking point in between both so they want to ensure they can get back on it straight away. I've always enjoyed Australia, particularly when it was the calendar opener and you got the 4am tingles before they made it a later start.

Though there are no detection zones inbetween the DRS zones so they can't do the comeback overtake this time.

Reactions: jlo
Turn 3 was always an overtaking spot in the past if you got better drive out of turn 2
Yes get close through 1/2 then pass into 3.

Same on the back straight probably.

Back