• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

Lando actually pushing Max now but will probably run out of laps

McLaren look like they have the car that can challenge.

I'll take that as a spectacle over loads of nonsense DRS passes at awful street circuits. Cracking effort from Lando, just two small mistakes that cost him a chance to have one real go at him.

Lando stimulating much needed interest again. Green shoots but they are there at least.

It was but he then left Max behind
Being faster when in front isn’t a problem. Getting past them is the issue. Just like Piastri and Sainz today. Piastri miles quicker but couldn’t get by and only a pit stop (and Ferrari not responding/pre empting) got it done

Early flight tomorrow for the GP this weekend. Yeah I know about the street circuit and overtaking thing etc, but always wanted to go and it’s a bucket list thing so fuck it, going for it.

Got a normal Union Jack flag but also taking an old black and gold Union Jack with the Wolves logo in the middle. The intention is to get it up on the balcony at La Rascasse so keep an eye out. Don’t think sponsors are going to want their banners covered and security might not be impressed but not missing the opportunity so gonna give it a go.

F2 race came with a fantastic bit of drama at the end, Zak O'Sullivan choosing to not pit until the last moment and then a VSC is called. Went from 15th on the grid to winning probably would've been more like 8th without the VSC. An OK amount of overtaking once tyres went over the edge otherwise

Don’t watch much F1, but Perez’s car reminds me of Charlie Sheen’s plane at the end of Hot Shots.

And so the procession ends... pretty much as the grid lined up. I get it is an occassion but it really isn't racing anymore.

And so the procession ends... pretty much as the grid lined up. I get it is an occassion but it really isn't racing anymore.
It's one for the drivers innit. They love it and it's one race every driver wants to win because of the challenge it presents.

Dreadful to watch unless it rains though.

I wonder if Ferrari are beginning to regret the move for Lewis? 8-1 in qualifying is stark considering he's undoubtedly one of the best of all time over a single lap.

Agreed. Hasn’t George consistently outperformed him for a while? Outscored him in the first season then last season has some pretty bad luck but was pretty even In qualifying.

Russel has always been a brilliant qualifier tbf but does seem that he’s improving and Lewis has dropped off a little. Generally I think Lewis is better in races if the car is competitive but I also think he isn’t massively bothered while he hasn’t been in the fight for wins. It’ll be very interesting to see how he does next season.

I wonder if Ferrari are beginning to regret the move for Lewis?
From a marketing/commercial pov....no.

Odd one today as Lewis was looking very quick all day. Final lap, just nothing as if the new tyres didn't warm up at all. Possible they should have copied McLaren and gone for 2 laps on them.

From a marketing/commercial pov....no.

Odd one today as Lewis was looking very quick all day. Final lap, just nothing as if the new tyres didn't warm up at all. Possible they should have copied McLaren and gone for 2 laps on them.
Think it was more to do with the wind. According to the commentary, the first part of the session was a lot less windy than the final part... a fact backed up that virtually no-one improved their time at the back end of the session.

Back