• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

No it's not. Small boobs can be ace. Milla Jovovic is probably my #1 and she has less up top than Villa when Benteke is injured!

Legs and arse are way more important.

Hmm, that second sentence sounds a bit dodgy upon readback!

Milla is ok, but lack of boobs is usually a deal breaker for me.

Multi-pass!

"Legs and arse are way more important"

And we shall never remind you of it, ever again :)

I don't think I could ever force myself to put Bullock in the same sentence with "brilliantly acted".

I think she's lovely. I thought she was excellent in The Blind Side.

It's one of those films I never tire of no matter how many times I see it. Love it.

Think i've seen it twice but both times ended up annoying the hell out of people for days after by using the phrase 'Don't you dare lie to me' in every situation possible.

Think i've seen it twice but both times ended up annoying the hell out of people for days after by using the phrase 'Don't you dare lie to me' in every situation possible.

Same here!!I also started calling hubby ' Big Mike' which annoyed the hell out of him :icon_lol:

Watched The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies last night.

And.... <shrugs>

What was it trying to do/be?! (Except make a lot of money which it obviously has). Very, very odd and essentially it was a case of throwing together some admittedly incredible effects and fight scenes onto the back of a very small plotline, tying it to the vastly superior LOTR trilogy. The plot was mainly non-existent, some of the characters pointless (Alfrid- ugh), the chemistry really poor (Tauriel with both Legolas and Kili - didn't work for me) and I found it was basically a showpiece for the WETA workshop.

It was worth seeing for the effects and scale alone and I can't fault that - it was stunning - and I'm not one of those Tolkein purists who refuse to accept anything that isn't in the books making it into the films, but I found it a bit strange.

I'll no doubt be buying the extended trilogy on BluRay when it comes out and I'd watch again just for the effects but easily the weakest of all 6 of the films IMHO. As far away in quality from the original LOTR films as Attack of the Clones is from Episodes IV-VI.

The Imitation Game. Excellent film. Sad and digusting to think that Alan Turing was had up for homosexual ' acts ' in 1952, and that he died from suicide, just before his 42nd birthday.

A very clever man, but obviously not a happy one :(

Just seen the new Star Wars trailer. Fuck me, it looks ACE.

I must try and forget that I said exactly the same in 1999....

Just seen the new Star Wars trailer. $#@! me, it looks ACE.

I must try and forget that I said exactly the same in 1999....

First of all, yawn. Prequel hate is beyond a dead horse.

Second, here's my first reaction to seeing the trailer:

So the new Star Wars trailer is awesome and everything

-BUT-

Literally the entire trailer is:

HEY LOOK AT THIS

THIS WAS IN THE ORIGINALS

HEY

THIS WAS ALSO IN THE ORIGINALS

ISN’T THIS COOL

IT WAS ALL IN THE ORIGINALS

So far the whole thing just screams "JJ Abrams jerking off to the Original Trilogy" to me. And that lightsaber is still fucking stupid.

Reading that back it sounds a little too pointed. Not meant to be. I just have a lot of emotions when it comes to Star Wars (as do so many).

Back