• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Yep do some interval training. Different inclines and speeds.

2 minutes sprinting with 1 minute rest or similar

I have no idea what got me there cause I don't do distance running, but I'm always the only one running at the end of matches. I'm not the best with my service but I'm a work horse out there.

Having said that i think i remember reading something before about recovery time being more important in sports like football, it's usually lots of short burts opposed to 90 minutes of solid running, not sure how you'd train for that though, maybe short, high intensity intervals with short breaks in between?

Yes, this is the way to train for football. Google HIIT. You should do a bit of distance running on top of that, but not a huge amount.

Anyone know a good strategy for increasing fatigue? Especially directed at football, I'd love to be able to be all over the place for 90 mins straight. I've been running and cycling a bit after weightlifting but not too much and definitely not with anything in mind other than shedding some pounds.

Try having a good wank in under 2 minutes just as you're finishing your sprint whilst nodding a ball on your forehead.

That should do you for fatigue...

Works for me.

Yes, this is the way to train for football. Google HIIT. You should do a bit of distance running on top of that, but not a huge amount.

Always train for the discipline you participate in. It sounds simple, but it is that simple.

Anyone know a good strategy for increasing fatigue? Especially directed at football, I'd love to be able to be all over the place for 90 mins straight. I've been running and cycling a bit after weightlifting but not too much and definitely not with anything in mind other than shedding some pounds.

For increasing lung capacity and stamina/endurance I can recommend swimming. It will regulate your breathing, tone and strengthen your core - and just about everything else for that matter. It is extremely low impact and as a result your joints and ligaments will thank you.

Just dusted down the old bike and done 10k. Not a great amount but it has all but killed me. #fitasacorpse

Always train for the discipline you participate in. It sounds simple, but it is that simple.

Thanks Frank. I'm training for sitting at my PC and scribbling notes for the Forum.

So thanks to your advice, I'm bang up to speed.

Typing could be faster though... So I'll try to use a 3rd finger on my right hand.
And maybe my thumb for the space bar....

Just dusted down the old bike and done 10k. Not a great amount but it has all but killed me. #fitasacorpse

That's prtetty good Kenny!
10k straight off, I'm impressed. mind you, Bike riding has always been a bit of a head thing with me, I never thought it was even.... What bit of hard work it was doing anything uphill, was never equally compensated for by anything I did going downhill.

Even with level bits I always felt the wind was against me.

I'm slowly working my way up to the dusting down stage.

As if it means anything to you lot, I benched 225 lbs for the first time yesterday. Felt amazing.

I got elbowed in the head yesterday, it was immediately followed by at least 2, possibly 3 people falling on me, didn't feel so amazing but seeing that one of the cunts hadn't been able to nod the ball into an empty net before flattening me did give me some comfort.

Was down to 11st 7 this morning though, haven't been to the gym much the last couple of weeks because i've been doing plenty of extra shifts at work covering my managers holiday, was going to go back this morning but legs are covered in bruises from football yesterday so i decided to have a rest seen as i've got 4 games of football to look forward to this week, should be plenty of exercise.

Turns out I've been doing 10 miles per day, not 8 so that's a bonus. I still haven't weighed myself yet but I can actually tell I've lost weight. Even a couple of people at work have commented that I've lost it which is good.

Im going to join WeightWatchers. Gonna get me some accountability.

Been doing 16k on my exercise bike a few times. Going to join the gym in the next 2 days.

In the past week, I've benched 225, squatted 225, and deadlifted 315. All personal bests.

I'll leave it up for you Brits to translate that to kilos. :)

Back