• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2015/16 - everything non-Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wouldn't surprise me at all. She won't have got all of that but a fair chunk for sure.

I heard something on the radio about the settlement covering her salary until the age of 60 as she was claiming that the affair had harmed her chances of gaining work in a similar capacity elsewhere

Now the case is out of the way, I can see no reason why will not be offered a similar position. I do not think her professional competence has been questioned.

Because football clubs will close ranks and she won't work again. It is like if you sue a big law firm. Your career is toast.

The Scottish Challenge Cup (cup for the Scottish FL) is being changed a tad for next season.

Rd 1 will see 8 teams from League 2 joined by 4 Highland and 4 Lowland League teams and U20 teams from the SPL

Rd 2 - rest of League 2 join along with 8x League 1 teams.

Rd 3 - Championship teams join with final 2 League 1 teams

Rd 4 - 2 teams from Northern Ireland (likely to be Crusaders and Lingfield for next season) and 2 teams from the League of Wales (TNS and Bala Town)

So it is no longer a Scottish competition. And why do the Irish and Welsh teams not join until the fourth round?

Yes I know Bala Town are future champions league winners.

Guess it's to fit in with their own schedules. All 4 invited teams will be playing euro games when the Cup starts.

What a complete and utter fuck up north of the border.

Guess it's to fit in with their own schedules. All 4 invited teams will be playing euro games when the Cup starts.

Thank you. I did not realise that they were playing European games. Will all games be played in Scotland, or could that depend on the draw?

Another thing I thought about is the financial side of things. There will be long journeys for games possibly played in front of sparse crowds. They must have very generous sponsors.

Also extra TV money for the SPL with Irish and Welsh TV stations showing games. Obviously not talking mega bucks but enough to make it worth doing.

Probably last 2 years when people don't get the point of TNS v Elgin being played in front of 35 fans.

Bala v Rangers or Celtic U20's might attract a few hundred though

Depends how good their U20 teams are. It took Rangers a few attempts to win it when they could put their 1st team out.

Depends how good their U20 teams are. It took Rangers a few attempts to win it when they could put their 1st team out.

True, but now Rangers are back in the SPL, I would expect their teams at other levels to be a lot better. It will be interesting to see how the Zirish clubs perform, for years Linfield, Glentoran and Cliftonville have been the best teams in their league. I suppose it will be a decent test for them.

If it works on the U20 side I fully expect the English FL to introduce something similar. Probably in the JPT.

The 4 invites will last a couple of years.

If it works on the U20 side I fully expect the English FL to introduce something similar. Probably in the JPT.

The 4 invites will last a couple of years.

Do you think that in time the football league will invite under 20 teams from the Premier League into the Johnstones Paint Cup, or whatever name it goes by now? Current rules state that only clubs first teams can enter the competition.

It's on the cards. The JPT would be the only place to do it as there is no conflict with having both their teams competing and no Euro spot for the winners.

It's on the cards. The JPT would be the only place to do it as there is no conflict with having both their teams competing and no Euro spot for the winners.

While I would not be totally against it, I hope that they do not allow a provision for playing a certain number of over age players. Under 20 should mean just that, not allowing a recuperating Rooney, or whoever, to get game time under his belt

While I would not be totally against it, I hope that they do not allow a provision for playing a certain number of over age players. Under 20 should mean just that, not allowing a recuperating Rooney, or whoever, to get game time under his belt
Yep agree with that.

Bundesliga TV deal for 2013/14-2016/17: 2.51 billion.

New Bundesliga TV deal for 2017/18-2020/21 4,46 billion, excludes international marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back