• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2015/16 - everything non-Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
FA cup quarter final replays to be scrapped from next season.

No. Replays will remain in the rounds prior to the quarter finals.

Man Utd fans have already come up with an amusing chant for Mourinho:

Oooh Jose is a madman, he'll beat you 'till you die
He'll charge around the touchline, and poke you in the eye
He'll get the ref to send him off
If that will help us win,
But you won't find him in the stands, he's in the laundry bin.

:D

Hull fans on FF are suggesting they have returned 8000 tickets for tomorrow's play off final in protest at the Allams policies including abolishing all concession pricing. Now that is apathy.

With Premier league clubs having tens of millions to spend this summer are these the type of players who should be looking to recruit?

Taken from a Liverpool site.

Sergi Canos has rejected our offer of a contract extension, ESPN reports.

The 19-year-old is entering the final year of his Liverpool deal, but the club and player are very far part in their estimations of his value.

Canos shone on loan at Brentford, and got Premier League minutes in the final game of our domestic season against West Brom – and most fans were looking forward to seeing him feature heavily in pre-season and work his way into the first-team squad next term.

But this latest news indicates that Canos wants an exit; so he can earn more money and more guarantees of playing time.

Jurgen Klopp has indicated that he doesn’t want youngsters on high wages, but doesn’t want to farm them out on loan either – and Canos clearly thinks he’s at a stage of his development where battling with our fellow talented Academy players for opportunities is beneath him.

It’s a shame, as Canos’s seven Championship goals prove he has serious ability, but if his attitude doesn’t match his potential, perhaps it’s better he departs.

Mourinho arrives a few days early at the tribunal with Eva Carneiro....a few hours later the case is dropped after an agreement between the 3 parties involved is found.

Carneiro turned down £1.2m to stop the proceedings a while ago so fair to say her bank balance is going to be looking decent very soon. Shame she didn't push this through to the end but money talks.

Should come out of Eden Hazard's account.

I do love Jose but he handled that very poorly. Chelsea has become a very odd club though, how no marks like Emenalo and Buck wield such influence I have no idea.

Yeah I lost a lot of respect for Mourinho over that incident.

Mourinho arrives a few days early at the tribunal with Eva Carneiro....a few hours later the case is dropped after an agreement between the 3 parties involved is found.

Carneiro turned down £1.2m to stop the proceedings a while ago so fair to say her bank balance is going to be looking decent very soon. Shame she didn't push this through to the end but money talks.

I do wonder if all she wanted (apart from the cash) was an apology from the club and Mourinho and he refused. Either that or they doubled their offer.

Surely agreement could have been reached without having to go to court over the issue.

"The case was expected to last seven to 10 days and could have led to potentially embarrassing witness statements and documents - including texts and emails - being made public."

I reckon the pay off is significantly bigger than the £1.2m that was offered previously.

I suspect Mourinho dug into his pocket to contribute towards the settlement as the evidence that would have come out is likely to have been pretty damning. No reason for him to turn up early if he wasn’t involved in the settlement. Shame really as some of the evidence such as texts from players could have been very entertaining. Well played to Eva - she called their bluff and won.

HaveIGotNewsForYou ‏@haveigotnews 12m12 minutes ago

As he suffers shock legal defeat to former Chelsea doctor, Jose Mourinho claims judges are afraid to give him decisions.

Also, isn't it time for a new thread?

I heard something on the radio about the settlement covering her salary until the age of 60 as she was claiming that the affair had harmed her chances of gaining work in a similar capacity elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back