• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2016/17 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Load of bollocks then.

In Norway the FA simply sets up the games for the first rounds and give the rubbish clubs home game against the less rubbish clubs, then they draw from the 4th round (or so we've been told).

In Norway the FA simply sets up the games for the first rounds and give the rubbish clubs home game against the less rubbish clubs, then they draw from the 4th round (or so we've been told).

There are non-rubbish clubs in Tippeligaen? :icon_wink:

Out of curiosity, who do you support?

Answer carefully, this will decide which Norwegian club I try to keep track of.
I don't really support any club, but Rosenborg won my heart in the 90s when they kicked ass in the Champions League. :)
So they're my favorite club but I'm not really supporting them if that makes sense.

I don't really support any club, but Rosenborg won my heart in the 90s when they kicked ass in the Champions League. :)
So they're my favorite club but I'm not really supporting them if that makes sense.

Ah, good, then I still have freedom to choose.

Weirdly, SK Brann is the best supported Norsk side in the states.

Ah, good, then I still have freedom to choose.

Weirdly, SK Brann is the best supported Norsk side in the states.
Not very surprising, Brann have passionate supporters and the city (Bergen) folks don't really consider themselves Norwegian. (or shouldn't be) :icon_mrgreen: They speak funny too. Why they're best supported over there I dunno, shouted loudest perhaps. :)

Not very surprising, Brann have passionate supporters and the city (Bergen) folks don't really consider themselves Norwegian. (or shouldn't be) :icon_mrgreen: They speak funny too. Why they're best supported over there I dunno, shouted loudest perhaps. :)

They don't consider themselves Norwegians??

In a joint commitment with broadcast partner Sky Sports, the recently rebranded EFL has vowed to ensure all its clubs are given at least five weeks’ notice ahead of any matches selected for live television coverage.

Furthermore, the EFL will then commit to publicly announcing any fixture changes within three working days in order to give EFL supporters as much time as is possible to allow for any alterations to travel plans that may be required.

If both the EFL and Sky Sports are unable to meet this timeframe then the clubs involved have the ability to choose not to be broadcast live on television. However, if both Clubs mutually agree to the rescheduling of the fixture within this five-week period then the game will be played on the new date.

Throughout the course of Season 2016/17, 92 Sky Bet Championship fixtures will be screened exclusively live on Sky Sports along with 20 games from Sky Bet League One and Sky Bet League Two.

EFL Chief Executive Shaun Harvey said: “This is an extremely important issue for fans up and down the country, one we understand and we will always seek to give fans as much notice as we can in respect of fixtures that are requested to be shown live on television as part of the broadcast contract.

“Sky Sports has invested significantly in our competition, helping clubs bring through improved facilities and better players on the pitch so while we are conscious of the impact scheduling matches for television coverage can have, there is a balance to strike. We want as many people to enjoy the EFL as possible; in the stadiums, at home or watching in the pub. We look forward to working together on the five-week commitment and other initiatives over the course of the next 10 months, in what is shaping up to be yet another exciting season in the EFL.”

In addition to moving fixtures for TV, games can still be rearranged at short notice if players are called up to their respective international sides. Under current EFL rules, if three players from a first team squad are selected by their national team for a competitive or friendly match on a FIFA International Match Calendar date, clubs have the right to postpone and reschedule.

http://fcbusiness.co.uk/news/articl...ide+best+experience+for+clubs+and+supporters+

This is just unbelievable. Slag the club off on social media? Hmm... not if you want your season ticket.....

CppKshZUsAABqSr.jpg:large

I hate this phrase, but it's wholly apt here - absolute tin pot.

A football club calling out a keyboard warrior! Like their style, fast becoming a fan of mentalist football clubs

Bet the supporter is googling what Cliff (or big Fucker Cliff as the club call him) is like

It's their club I guess they can do what they want. If any other club seeks to take this measure I guess the FA will get involved and at some point I would think this would kill football stone dead if all clubs took it up. Freedom of speech and all that.

Why do Charlton hate their owners? (Apart from thinking letters like that are a good idea, obvs).

This is just unbelievable. Slag the club off on social media? Hmm... not if you want your season ticket.....

OMFG that is some crazy shit

M

Don't know what to make of that! The guy is entitled to his opinion under freedom of speech etc, but Im sure the T&C's of the season ticket have a provision that it's issued under the terms and conditions of the club, and they can change those terms to include this ABC bullshit.
Sets a horrible precedent for other clubs trying to silence people complaining on Social Media

M

Don't know what to make of that! The guy is entitled to his opinion under freedom of speech etc, but Im sure the T&C's of the season ticket have a provision that it's issued under the terms and conditions of the club, and they can change those terms to include this ABC bullshit.
Sets a horrible precedent for other clubs trying to silence people complaining on Social Media

The precedent was set by Blackpool dragging supporters through the courts. This isn't a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back