• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

Potentially a momentous day tomorrow as if Saido Berahino doesn't score at Leicester for Stoke (he won't) then it will be a full two years since he got on the scoresheet. Even Jake Cassidy never had that kind of drought.

Potentially a momentous day tomorrow as if Saido Berahino doesn't score at Leicester for Stoke (he won't) then it will be a full two years since he got on the scoresheet. Even Jake Cassidy never had that kind of drought.

Might bag a few next season if Burton stay up

Just to lighten the mood, here's the timeline of Albion's season:

- Hand already relatively unpopular manager a new contract for no reason
- Sack said manager three months later after winless 10 match run
- Appoint out of work manager who lost his last job due to prolonged dismal bottom three standard form
- New manager wins 1 of first 14 league games
- Striker signed in summer charged with racial abuse of an opponent
- Revealed that club captain can leave in the event of relegation for £3m
- Loan striker on £100k+ a week breaks down with injury in third appearance
- Chairman and CEO responsible for mid-season sacking/hiring are themselves sacked
- On mid-season trip, manager breaks own curfew
- On same trip, four players (inc club captain) steal a taxi
- Lose crucial six pointer at home to leave them with 10 games to go, three wins all season and seven points short of safety, and manager on the verge of being sacked
- No sign of owner having much by way of independent wealth or any inclination to inject funding in future

So y'know, things could be worse :D

Just to lighten the mood, here's the timeline of Albion's season:

- Hand already relatively unpopular manager a new contract for no reason
- Sack said manager three months later after winless 10 match run
- Appoint out of work manager who lost his last job due to prolonged dismal bottom three standard form
- New manager wins 1 of first 14 league games
- Striker signed in summer charged with racial abuse of an opponent
- Revealed that club captain can leave in the event of relegation for £3m
- Loan striker on £100k+ a week breaks down with injury in third appearance
- Chairman and CEO responsible for mid-season sacking/hiring are themselves sacked
- On mid-season trip, manager breaks own curfew
- On same trip, four players (inc club captain) steal a taxi
- Lose crucial six pointer at home to leave them with 10 games to go, three wins all season and seven points short of safety, and manager on the verge of being sacked
- No sign of owner having much by way of independent wealth or any inclination to inject funding in future

So y'know, things could be worse :D

Apart from all of that, things are quite rosy for them

Their last 38 league games record stands at

P38 W3 D13 L22 F26 A57 Pts 22

Absolutely abysmal performance, they deserve to go

I did go on the forum after someone mentioned on the Fulham thread how great it was,and theres a lot of fans wanting pardew sacked asap,he said earlier in the week apparently he's already packed to go,they want most or all the team put up for sale or given away,and a lot of them feel a double relegation is not impossible,given the state of the team,manager,ownership

Probably only sit by eachother to increase potential photos

Chinese club Dalian Yifang have bought Yannick Carrasco and Nicolás Gaitán.

Gaitan will forever be one of those Pablo Aimar types who should be great but aren't really.

Carrasco is wasting his career though.

As per Gaitan I thought the same of Giovinco going to MLS

Usain Bolt about to sign for Erik Hamréns club Mamelodi Sundowns FC..could be revealed tomorrow..interesting to see him play..apparently he can play in a few positions..

I really struggle with this, I knew a few people who went to Crewe's academy - growing up in Stafford in the 80s/90s it was seen as a ticket to success. One good friend, at the time, was there from 9 to 17/18.

The link last week from one of the abused said they played other sides who called them the 'paedo boys'. Now being the same age as those that have come forward I'm not sure that would have been the exact phrase used back then, but it's clear that it was widely known throughout at least North West football and nobody did anything

I love our game. I'm passionate about it. I wake up every morning and the first thing I think about is football. I write about football. I chat to you lot about football all day, nearly every day. I go to sleep watching old football clips. I watch hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of games a year.

The fact that our game was used for this kind of abuse saddens me intensely. And the fact that the boys never felt able to speak up because of the power this man held. And how many similar abusers were there? Paul Stewart wasn't a Bennall victim. Nor David White.That was someone else.

Football for me is the most beautiful and exciting sport..room for so many tactical things but also skill, pace or slow and power..anybody can play, not expensive..unite all the world, but of course like everything in life there are bad elements and such that put a downside to it also..like hooligans, rasism, money spending, corruption etc..still, best sport in the world for me, because anybofy can play

I have first hand experience of this type of treatment and can only assume it's more widespread than many think. I can understand when people say 'people MUST have known what was going one', because once it's out in the open hindsight make things very obvious, but these people are SO clever with the way they manipulate their victims minds. In my case it happened from a very young age. I knew no different. It was the norm. The perpetrators are truly sub-human. Vile.

Nothing surprises me anymore after seeing what Jimmy Saville got away with for years in the public eye

Suggestions that Dario Gradi is involved in some way http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43211929
I hope not, I always thought of him as one of the good guys

Back