• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
No just making everyone responsible for their actions, again if Leeds had the grievance why couldn’t it be done in a private matter.
Because there isn't a grievance as she didn't say anything they should be aggrieved about. She gave a hot take, they then hammered Albion and they took the piss out of her for it.

So all female pundits get a free pass?
Yep that’s exactly what I’ve said isn’t it. Explain why Leeds have no had to make a public statement condemning the abuse she received on the tweet they put out. If you tweet her saying I think you’re talking rubbish for reasons A,B, C that’s fine.
Leeds didn’t to do it this way how many times do I have to ask why couldn’t it be done in a professional private way instead of turning it into a public circus.

Because abuse should not be tolerated.

The two things are separate.

I don't know how many times I need to say to you that she made a comment in public and got a public response, why would you think that she could say something without reproach?

Because there isn't a grievance as she didn't say anything they should be aggrieved about. She gave a hot take, they then hammered Albion and they took the piss out of her for it.
Are you struggling with the concept of people airing their views getting a response?
About the same you’re struggling with concept of how abuse is aired and started on social media.

So if there’s no grievances why do you need to mock in public? You’ve not answered that yet.

Oh the irony.

If Carney didn't say anything Leeds don't put that tweet out do they?

yep resort to mocking makes you look fantastic as usual certain questions of mine you’ve not answered so it tells me a lot

Right bored of debating about Twitter etiquette now, each entitled to their own opinion mines just different to many which I and they are entitled to.

@jd1981 out of genuine interest were you equally outraged when Wolves dug out Chris Powell in our end of year review for 2017/18?

I mean because we disagreed with something on such a public platform we could have encouraged a mouthbreather to racially abuse him no?

It was massively unprofessional by the Leeds social media team, and the chairman is clearly a fucktard. They deserve all the shit they get for stirring up their caveman followers.

@jd1981 out of genuine interest were you equally outraged when Wolves dug out Chris Powell in our end of year review for 2017/18?

I mean because we disagreed with something on such a public platform we could have encouraged a mouthbreather to racially abuse him no?
Read my last tweet on this subject, I’m not going around in circles again on this subject. If you read my previous posts to this subject it’ll give you the answer you’ve requested.

Leeds won their last 5 games before lockdown, her comments were badly researched. I really struggle with why they shouldn't be able to take the piss out of her for a moronic comment. To not do so given that's the DNA of their Twitter account would be double standards. She should be judged and accountable for those comments. Women correctly are getting greater opportunities in punditry they should be treated equally in all respects.

They didn't mention her gender, they didn't imply that her being a woman means she doesn't know anything about the game. Leeds as a club shouldn't be held accountable for dickheads being out there. What they and Twitter should do is ban anybody who has acted in an illegal manner. Don't modify behaviour based on what knuckledraggers may do, hammer them for it

Leeds won their last 5 games before lockdown, her comments were badly researched. I really struggle with why they shouldn't be able to take the piss out of her for a moronic comment. To not do so given that's the DNA of their Twitter account would be double standards. She should be judged and accountable for those comments. Women correctly are getting greater opportunities in punditry they should be treated equally in all respects.

They didn't mention her gender, they didn't imply that her being a woman means she doesn't know anything about the game. Leeds as a club shouldn't be held accountable for dickheads being out there. What they and Twitter should do is ban anybody who has acted in an illegal manner. Don't modify behaviour based on what knuckledraggers may do, hammer them for it

Didn’t want to comment anymore but there’s some very double standards in this.
Did Leeds not blow up towards the end of last season and run out of steam? I think she was more referring to that.
Calling out Carney for comments and suggesting she needs to review how she says things but saying the Leeds Twitter shouldn’t change for anyone.
Could Carney have worded better what she said absolutely no denying that and I’m sure she’ll learn from it.
Can Leeds Twitter admin learn from this absolutely. Having the attitude I am what am I say what I say and I’m not changing for no one comes across a bit narcissistic.
Nothing wrong as organisation when you’ve come under heavy public criticism to assess how things have been done, what went wrong and why? Plus how can we avoid this type of scenario in the future. It’s what good management does.
A refusal to change learn from an error of judgement will mean it’ll just keep happening.
Before someone says they’ve made no error when you send out a message which results in numerous amounts of sexual abuse on the back of it it’s an error of judgement.
So much so they’ve condemned the comments.
Saying ban the morons who send the abuse, simple don’t stoke the fire of what is already a shit storm.
Don’t do it after damage is already done.
Explain this if they’d not tweeted what they did last night would they have been pulled up for it by anyone? no.
It was just not needed and in fact what have Leeds benefited from tweeting this out not much.

Company social media needs to consider the impact their actions have and take responsibility for them. It’s not just some dick head with their own Twitter account that can spout as much shite as they like.

I hope they get hammered tbh.

Company social media needs to consider the impact their actions have and take responsibility for them. It’s not just some dick head with their own Twitter account that can spout as much shite as they like.

I hope they get hammered tbh.
This it people want Carney to be held responsible for what she said but feel Leeds don’t need to think need to take responsibility for their actions. Instead hiding behind we never knew it would cause such abuse what we did. Ignorance and playing stupid isn’t going to cut it. Reality is if your admin team had no idea it would cause such outrage then they frankly aren’t qualified to be running a social media account that has over 660k followers so comes back to my point about assessing what’s gone wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back