• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
League Cup Final moved from February to the end of April in the hope that some fans might be allowed to attend.

Luis Campos, has left his post as Lille Director of Football. He seems to have done a decent job there and he's Portuguese

Messi has now scored more goals for one club than any other player.

Kieran Trippier has been banned from all footballing activities worldwide and fined £70k for breaching gambling rules, won't be allowed to train until February

Just looked at the games for the 27th. 8 teams are playing, 6 are also playing again on the 29th. The two who aren't?...Liverpool and Spurs

surely shome mishtake TT. Liverpool have always been shafted, by the league, by EVERYONE!!!!

Cribbins banging on about "hysteria" again.

Funny how it follows him around.

EqPGjLNXMAAySeV

Hassenhutl self isolating, and won't be in the dugout for today's game.

Leeds Twitter admin are getting a pounding for directly calling out Karen Carney for her opinion on Amazon. Not a big fan of her opinions but singling her out for their fans base to lay into us pretty low especially from the clubs official Twitter handle.

Leeds Twitter admin are getting a pounding for directly calling out Karen Carney for her opinion on Amazon. Not a big fan of her opinions but singling her out for their fans base to lay into us pretty low especially from the clubs official Twitter handle.
I agree, but she is poor. Equality is a good thing, some of those chosen to give the balance are awful. She is as is Gabby and Deeney. Perhaps I just hate Brummies?

I don’t rate her either and if average joe with 500 followers takes offence and out the comments then that’s fair enough. When an official club Twitter handle does it with 660k followers and pretty much says pile in everyone then it’s a problem.
Clubs Twitter feed is merely an information provider, not an opinion giver.

So 3 games in and Sammy is now concerned about Covid and wants a circuit break.

Now is this idea because

a) He is close to being vunerable and is worried about his health
or
b) After getting tanked last night he is now aware of how shite his new team are and would like 2-4 weeks to bring in some new players and get them settled in before resuming games

B - the opportunistic gravy guzzler can fuck off using Covid as an excuse.

That's as low as low can get.

I don’t rate her either and if average joe with 500 followers takes offence and out the comments then that’s fair enough. When an official club Twitter handle does it with 660k followers and pretty much says pile in everyone then it’s a problem.
Clubs Twitter feed is merely an information provider, not an opinion giver.
I don't agree with this and think that more clubs should call out shite punditry for what it is.

Carney only has that job because she's a woman (the women's game should not be compared to the men's game).

That sits really uncomfortably with me.
Pundits should actually add something to the commentary no matter their sex. Carney is appalling as a pundit.

If he was actually worried about his health then he wouldn't have taken the job, it's an excuse.

Also with the Carney thing I don't see what the big deal is? There are so many awful pundits and a lot of them are paid to talk complete shit (TalkSport lot). If Wolves' Twitter called out someone like Saunders, McManaman, Keyes etc we'd all love it. We have our own section for calling out shit pundits albeit with a much smaller audience. They're being paid to often intentionally talk rubbish (or because who hired them knows they're an idiot and inevitably will...), they should be called out and made to look like the mugs they are.

I doubt there would be much uproar if Leeds had called out a male pundit to be honest.

Ok I take it you all understand how Twitter works then? Secondly just look at some of the sexist abuse she has received on the back of a that tweet. If a female member of your family was subjected to the same abuse on the back of a tweet from a club I take it you’d be ok with that?

A clubs Twitter handles primarily role is an information service to its followers.
Leeds put out this tweet with the full knowledge of what was going to come from people with a caveman view of the world it’s just completely irresponsible.
Are you saying the only way they could have shown their grievances to Carney was by a public tweet outing her. How about a private message, email, letter or phone call? Far more professional way of dealing with things.

The attitude of pundits give an opinion so therefore should be prepared for the backlash regardless of how comes again is cowardly.
Basically saying I can abuse you then run of into thin air with no consequences just because your opinion doesn’t fit in with mine.

Also learn something about the mental effect this would have, an attitude of your a pundit so deal with abuse regardless is frankly archaic.
Carney by all accounts is a very hard working pundit and well researched by those who work with her.

Personally I think most pundits are terrible, male or female. Quite like Shearer and was surprised by McCoist not being as bad as I thought he would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back