• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been fined two weeks wages and it will be sent to an animal charity.

Crowd fund a private prosecution? Before it reached 10k RSPCA would be seizing the cat with the police and instigating proceedings would be my guess.(you need the police to have the power to seize and a vet to say there is a case for cruelty before the RSPCA can take possession I believe, its been a while so I may be out of date!)
The RSPCA can being their own prosecutions. It is they, the CPS and the DPP if my 20 year old law degree is still correct.

Yes,
The RSPCA can being their own prosecutions. It is they, the CPS and the DPP if my 20 year old law degree is still correct.
but they have no powers of entry and search / seizure. They need the boys and girls in blue for that, or at least they did IIRC.

Linking the Zouma situation loosely to Wolves. West Ham are paying a marginally above average centre half £125k per week

Linking the Zouma situation loosely to Wolves. West Ham are paying a marginally above average centre half £125k per week
...and Villa paid £25m for a bench warming striker on similar wages. Granted he is in competition with Watkins (who Villa fans have gone right off) and will play more minutes than he whose fee shouldn't be mentioned.

So what I read was the cats have been taken to an RSPCA center where they are being checked over by a vet, Zouma was paid a visit and co-operated and gave them the cats. Then there will (or won't) be an RSCPA investigation and depending on that the coppers might get involved

no it doesn't. what effect would almost trebling the pay of one squad member have on the rest?
Tight that he was only on 45k a week. No wonder he got his head turned. Same with Jota I would bet. Neves on what 80K? He will double that. Doherty went to spurs on a 75k contract! Matt Fucking Doherty! You wont get a rolls Royce for Ford money. Man United kept Giggs as they paid him very very well , top dollar. Southampton did the same for Le Tissier. I have no issue with the model of buy them , develop them , sell them- we just stopped doing it.

What should we have been paying a winger who we signed from a Championship club who finished miles below us?

What should we have been paying a winger who we signed from a Championship club who finished miles below us?
The question you should have been asking is why he didnt sign his new contract offer. His value was top after that first year and his partnership with Raul was at its height.

Nope, his first year was shite.

His second year was mostly good but he refused to properly discuss a new deal, not sure what we can do about that.

Even at his best, Traore never really formed a partnership or understanding with anyone.

How many times did we watch him and Semedo trip over each other when trying to build an attack from possession? Too many. For all of Trincao's current faults, he at least doesn't clog up the wing the same way Traore did.

This was also one of the things that impressed me about Chiqi. Totally unafraid play cute little back-and-forths with Nelson. That and his delivery (also the skill to put Tierney on his ass should have us all raving) are why I think he should get a start next time out.

Wait, why are we talking about Traore in the Football News thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back