• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Because after the stick I got here... I gave it a chance. And it was as I expected... indulging the Golden Boy. Should have trusted my instinct and not listened to the cyber warriors. ;)
Nobody stopping you leaving.

Having too much fun.... where else could I go for an intellectual "debate" about a bloke who advertised Walkers crisps for a living?
He played football for a living and the Walkers work came along as he was rather good at it and then proved to be good at promoting crisps.

Because after the stick I got here... I gave it a chance. And it was as I expected... indulging the Golden Boy. Should have trusted my instinct and not listened to the cyber warriors. ;)
Which specific parts of the interview did you not agree with?

Which specific parts of the interview did you not agree with?
Probably this offensive bit about what he'd like to see the next government do:

“restore dignity to the country” and reintroduce fundamentally British qualities, such as respectability, decency, kindness, generosity."

What do you dislike about him?
Mainly it was when he was younger as he was a self indulgent smarmy prick only interested in what he could get for himself. Obviously he's grown up a bit now and two marriages later he's learned a few things. However, as much as he likes to play the Golden Boy, he's still got his character traits in the way he tried to treat the journalist by attempting to cancel at the last minute.

I will say that the bit about letting the two kids into his home was revealing and that was good of him. The cynical side of me says "what did he get for that?" ... but hopefully it expanded his horizons.

Finally, he really needs to stay out of politics. His job is as a football pundit and nothing else.

What political points has he made that you disagree with?

Finally, he really needs to stay out of politics. His job is as a football pundit and nothing else.
Why can't he have an opinion?

I have no idea what you do for a living but I'd stay away from having an opinion on football if I were you as you've never played the game and you're not a football pundit/ presenter.

Why does he need to stay out of politics? There is more to a person than their employment. As mentioned, he's not really a pundit. Should he have been allowed to have been part of Walker's long running advertising campaign

I have no idea what you do for a living but I'd stay away from having an opinion on football if I were you as you've never played the game and you're not a football pundit/ presenter.
"I quite liked Roger Moore as James Bond but the last couple of films were beyond parody"

"Oh yeah, well you've never been James Bond and never will be, so you can't say anything"

Back