• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Which specific parts of the interview did you not agree with?
1. Trying to cancel the interview.
2. Making excuses as to why he tried to cancel the interview.
3. Apparently Mr. Precious is embarrassed about owning a Mini... he should be so lucky.
4. "Humans won't exist in 50 years" nonsense. David Icke sort of crap.
5. The nonsense where he claims "It's not about me" in regard to overseas affairs. Of course, it's about him. That's what Twitter / X is all about.
6. The claim he misread something before tweeting and then deleting his comment.
7. Sticking his oar in to matters he doesn't fully understand and by doing so, provoking more hate.

Thought Charlotte Edwardes did a terrific job with article as she wasn't afraid to go where most other journalists wouldn't have.

He hasn't been a pundit for about 20 years?

Why does being a footballer disqualify you from talking about anything else? Should Marcus Rashford or Gary Neville also keep out of it?
Rashford is the exact example of how you should do it. Action, not words.

Why does he need to stay out of politics? There is more to a person than their employment. As mentioned, he's not really a pundit. Should he have been allowed to have been part of Walker's long running advertising campaign
No problem with anyone venturing out in other directions if that's what they want to do. If he wants to change things so badly, then stand for election and do something, rather than pontificate.

No problem with anyone venturing out in other directions if that's what they want to do. If he wants to change things so badly, then stand for election and do something, rather than pontificate.
So it's ok for you to tell him what to do and have an opinion on his actions but not for him to have one on anything but football?

You can see the irony in that can't you?

It isn't as binary as keep schtum or stand for election though is it?

You can easily be an activist or share ideas, especially when you have that large platform to do so.

If Lineker was tweeting about speed limits or applying pressure to MP's about something else he wouldn't be copping this flak. Stay out of politics is a dogwhistle for 'fuck brown people/the environment'

Fucking hell... what's this place become.... the Gary fucking Lineker fanboy club?

You can easily be an activist or share ideas, especially when you have that large platform to do so.

If Lineker was tweeting about speed limits or applying pressure to MP's about something else he wouldn't be copping this flak. Stay out of politics is a dogwhistle for 'fuck brown people/the environment'
Genuinely got comments of "why don't you run the club then" last week on Twitter when I suggested the owners of Wolves might not pat themselves too hard on the back for not quite losing more than £105m in three years.

I mean the easy answer is I'm not a global conglomerate with billions of pounds of assets, but apparently now I can't comment, which is a shame.

Bit of a difference between taking action and making ill thought out tweets.

Fucking hell... what's this place become.... the Gary fucking Lineker fanboy club?
R73dXeBP19Hi.gif

Genuinely got comments of "why don't you run the club then" last week on Twitter when I suggested the owners of Wolves might not pat themselves too hard on the back for not quite losing more than £105m in three years.

I mean the easy answer is I'm not a global conglomerate with billions of pounds of assets, but apparently now I can't comment, which is a shame.
Well, this is the problem with social media... you get to fall on your sword every now and again.... bit like I'm doing here. ;)

Back