• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

I was hoping to take my lad when he gets old enough to go, he's 1 and a bit at the moment.

Christ knows how much it'll be when he gets old enough, but my dad took me so i feel duty bound to inflict it upon my son!
Kids pricing is really still quite good. Not at the £1 a game levels we had for U5's ten or twelve years ago but still decent. Just remember to register his younger brother as well who is born about five years behind him ;)

It's interesting to hear the pov of long time ST holders, a little bit sad that some think if they give up their ST they probably won't go to any live games.
I've never had one, it's always been a 'special treat' to go to Molineux for me and my boys, although my youngest had one for a couple of seasons during the MM years, gave it up when he went to work in Germany for a year or so.

When my girls leave home for uni etc in about 4-5 years I might get a second wind however I will probably just carry on as per the norm.
It’s a costing thing plus both my girls are teenagers and both hate football so doing stuff with them very much involves none football events.

It's interesting to hear the pov of long time ST holders, a little bit sad that some think if they give up their ST they probably won't go to any live games.
I've never had one, it's always been a 'special treat' to go to Molineux for me and my boys, although my youngest had one for a couple of seasons during the MM years, gave it up when he went to work in Germany for a year or so.
I'm pretty sure I'd not go while we were in the PL. I couldn't justify paying £46 to sit in the Steve Bull lower to watch Bournemouth. I'll renew this time as it's the last year my son qualifies for Under 17, after that we'll see.

I'm doing my annual "think this is my last year" dance at the moment. We'll see when we get to May/June.
Spent all last season pondering about renewing for this and decided on one last year, as wasn't enjoying the day, just spending a fortune which I could spend elsewhere.

Now, health's improved, footballs improved and getting a buzz on matchdays again, might be another 1 last year 😀

Spent all last season pondering about renewing for this and decided on one last year, as wasn't enjoying the day, just spending a fortune which I could spend elsewhere.

Now, health's improved, footballs improved and getting a buzz on matchdays again, might be another 1 last year 😀
EP knows me, he knows I do this all the time

Ultimately I probably will (though work/income/health isn't brilliant right now), if nothing else people need my hot takes on how the fuck is Doherty still our player until 2026

Very few areas of England where it's acceptable to just pick anyone. Cornwall or bits of Cumbria I suppose.
Hang on. Cumbrians can’t get a free pass! Carlisle for the top half, Barrow for the South. If they’re not happy with that they’ve got their very own wrestling. Or One Man and His Dog. That’s plenty enough glory.

Hang on. Cumbrians can’t get a free pass! Carlisle for the top half, Barrow for the South. If they’re not happy with that they’ve got their very own wrestling. Or One Man and His Dog. That’s plenty enough glory.
The Cumbrian side of my family are all Carlisle. Even the ones brought up in the midlands. Fair play to them but they are pretty miserable for it.

The whole coastline is at best forgettable.
I saw nearly all of it in one go when my dog ran off and wouldn’t come back last year. That started up near Maryport and it was very nice in fairness.

Felt like I finally pinned him down somewhere near St Bees head the blighter.

Anyway, Carlisle supporting. That must take some commitment. I imagine it’s not Jimmy Glass thrills and spills every Saturday.

I saw nearly all of it in one go when my dog ran off and wouldn’t come back last year. That started up near Maryport and it was very nice in fairness.

Felt like I finally pinned him down somewhere near St Bees head the blighter.

Anyway, Carlisle supporting. That must take some commitment. I imagine it’s not Jimmy Glass thrills and spills every Saturday.

Jinkies, those poor Scarborough fans!

Edit: this video is much better. That Carlisle chairman has huge Garth Marenghi vibes.

Last edited:
The main issue is, in the current financial climate, if you don't have a season ticket already paid for then who wants to spend £50-60 for one afternoon out. And that's before travel/food & drink.

The main issue is, in the current financial climate, if you don't have a season ticket already paid for then who wants to spend £50-60 for one afternoon out. And that's before travel/food & drink.
Well me, although it's probably about 50 quid all in for me, in fact less than that now I'm officially old. Guess I'm part of the problem.
Of course it means I can only go about 5 times a season.
I don't like it but that's about average isn't it for a day/evening out? I paid over 60 quid each a few weeks ago for the theatre plus food.
Last September I went to a British Superbike round, cost was about £150 I think, although that was for the weekend including camping.
What's the price of an average gig ticket?
Dont get me wrong it's outrageous pricing for any event but I want to do stuff before I'm dead.

Born and brought up in Wombourne, it could only ever have been Wolves, why wouldn’t it be.
Spent my working life surrounded by Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool fans mind and not sure they ever saw them play in the flesh.
No Man City fans, bet there’s loads now though.

Membership cost to have the right to buy is a piss take. Should be waived for previous season ticket holders and members and be a one off shot. Charging it each season is ridiculous.
It actually has a reverse effect, as those who may only think they'll go once or twice a season are going to be put off.

They won't give a fuck until there's a few thousand empty seats every week. The choice they make to rinse fans for every penny they think they can get away with, even though for the sake of pennies in the scheme of total income they could have a structure and an offering that shows fans they're valued, appreciated, and not taken for granted.

I know it's not just them, but fuck me it winds me up. Players always talking about how amazing the fans are, but it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to their personal wealth to make a gesture that makes football a little bit more accessible to ordinary working people.

Back