• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Yep, but if you know you're going to go to 10-15 games a season that membership fee feels like less of a hit.
If you're going to that many games it's pretty much same price as a season ticket spread over 0% finance.

The membership for the 10 game plus attendee is a red herring. The key is the fan maybe wanting to go to one or two games.

The fee is a joke there. Plus just say I pop back in a couple of years for a visit. If I fancy a game I have to pay the extra fee on top of a ticket even though they have records showing a history of well over ten grand of previous purchases.

Is Wily Boly injured these days - not in the Forest squad lately .

He started the semi final of the AFCON and then was no where to be seen in the Final - not mentioned in the squad at all .

Must have missed some injury ?

Reading the recent posts on ticket prices . . . WTF.

I knew it was expensive but those prices are ridiculous, surely not sustainable in the medium to long term.

Pricing the young fans out of the game does not appear to me to be a sound business model unless the game is going to mostly rely on TV and streaming revenue but after the COVID experience of empty stadiums the game will lose its soul, if it hasn’t already with the obscene amounts of money at the top.

Like the vaping and mascot discussions on other threads Jeff doesn't do ethics. While people pay he'll charge.

I was listening to the Price of Football podcast a few weeks ago and they mentioned that the next thing clubs will do is try to reduce the % of season ticket holders they have as they make so much more money per match from fans who go to the odd game.

They also mentioned clubs using an auction system for a % of tickets.

I was listening to the Price of Football podcast a few weeks ago and they mentioned that the next thing clubs will do is try to reduce the % of season ticket holders they have as they make so much more money per match from fans who go to the odd game.

Presumably by natural wastage rather than taking them off people?

Presumably by natural wastage rather than taking them off people?

Yeah, I don't think they'd go that far.

There's no minimum cap on how much of a stadium you can offer up to season ticket holders unfortunately.

This is why this is interesting:

1000039772.jpg
Liverpool and Newcastle very much trying to get the tourists through the gates.

By all accounts the PL come out of the independent commission into Everton very well, Everton case was very much legal technicality.
They also pointed out that 18 other clubs complied and most even complied with £15m lower limit.
Basically saying yep it was excessive but sort your fucking house out Everton.
Puts it back to all the journalists and politicians blaming the PL that the problem is squarely in the hierarchy at Everton.

Liverpool might be due to the ground redevelopment
The figure is definitely 'skewed' because of that [the new capacity is being quoted despite it being unavailable until a few games ago]. As to whether they then decide to sell ST in that area or not is another matter (1,000 extra was hinted). Although even with their 'old' capacity the percentage of ST holders is low compared to their peers.

Whoever the financial expert is on talkSPORT right now talking a lot of sense and basically saying that Henry Winter is talking out his backside.

To go back to yesterday's conversation about clubs as I missed it and am a bit younger than most on here - in school in the 00s and 2010s there were plenty of fans what was then the 'big four' (Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool) plus Wolves, West Brom, Villa, Birmingham. There was even a couple City fans but my brothers who are younger saw more of them.

Generally I found that the gloryhunters were either people whose parents didn't like football so they chose someone who was good, or they were the kids who hated losing/couldn't take banter so chose who was good rather than who was local. Both types never went to games, often they were the same person. Sometimes they might make up a fictional relative from the place to add legitimacy. Others kids took the piss out of them for it, I still find the idea of choosing Man U or Liverpool when you're from the West Midlands a very odd thing - but then those people's relationship with their club is primarily if not wholly through a TV. They're the ones missing out.

To go back to yesterday's conversation about clubs as I missed it and am a bit younger than most on here - in school in the 00s and 2010s there were plenty of fans what was then the 'big four' (Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool) plus Wolves, West Brom, Villa, Birmingham. There was even a couple City fans but my brothers who are younger saw more of them.

Generally I found that the gloryhunters were either people whose parents didn't like football so they chose someone who was good, or they were the kids who hated losing/couldn't take banter so chose who was good rather than who was local. Both types never went to games, often they were the same person. Sometimes they might make up a fictional relative from the place to add legitimacy. Others kids took the piss out of them for it, I still find the idea of choosing Man U or Liverpool when you're from the West Midlands a very odd thing - but then those people's relationship with their club is primarily if not wholly through a TV. They're the ones missing out.

Happens a lot in the forces to, you get about 50/50 split of genuine fans and glory hunters who on a regular basis laugh at the genuine fans when their team gets relegated to league 2 etc
I always told them they were phoney fakes fair to say they didn’t like it. “ I can support who I want” yep you can but you’ll never be taken seriously.

I am surprised that no club has implemented some form of dynamic pricing for demand for tickets to be honest.

More points deductions for Reading due to their owner being a massive twat that refuses to pay the bills.

2 points deducted with another 2 suspended. Somehow Reading are keeping themselves out of the bottom 4 but will be screwed if he keeps this shit up

Back