• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

Buy a set of second hand clubs to start with - golf clubs don't really deteriorate and you'll get more for your money.

When you are ready to move on, get fitted and buy a new set made for your swing and build.

You really need to check that those Ben Sayers are going to work for you. £200 is still a significant shell out if you can't hit them or get any distance. Shaft flex is absolutely key, but you aren't a midget either so make sure they sit correctly at address.

I'll get something sorted.

Tonight was the first night where it started to come together for me so I've got the bug tonight and want new clubs asap!

Another point is that topping up a starter set is sometimes quite difficult - can you find another Ben Sayers iron set on american golf as I can't.

So topping up will be a challenge. Not a bad starter set though, and if you get the bug then the Taylor Made irons I mentioned would be a very fine upgrade.

I may just stretch the budget to £200 but buy a full set like these http://www.americangolf.co.uk/product/Ben-Sayers-M9-Graphite-Steel-Golf-Package-Set/p103406.aspx

As long as the FPO (for you Del) doesn't find out how much I spend!

If I was spending £200.00 on a set of clubs I would go and get fitted for a set of Pings and then buy a second hand set off e-bay.

A set like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ping-G5-i...Leisure_Golf_GolfClubs_JN&hash=item2a1e7de27f will probably go for £100.00.

I have spent a very happy 90 minutes drooling about upgrading my golf bats. Anyone got £2,000 that would completely cover it?

I have a set of second hand G2s, prior to that I had a brand new set of i3s.

I wouldn't buy a new set again.

I think I have decided to just buy a cheap set for now as I'm saving up to move out in September. In 18 months time I will be a better golfer and hopefully be better of financially and be able able to buy a decent set of bats

I should add, unless you are a low to mid handicap golfer. They are very unforgiving, especially for beginners like Jack is.

I think I have decided to just buy a cheap set for now as I'm saving up to move out in September. In 18 months time I will be a better golfer and hopefully be better of financially and be able able to buy a decent set of bats
It depends on your definition of 'cheap', ie low cost (budget) clubs which are a waste of money or a 2nd hand setvof quality club's.

Cheap as in second hand. I'm going to get the Fazr set I linked previously I think - whilst they're not a well known brand they have had good reviews for beginners and fall within my budget. They're in good condition and I have everything ready to go with those ones.

Should have them by Thursday.

Back