• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

I play with blades...................

Unless your a class 1 golfer get rid, only blade worth having is a 60 degree lob wedge / sand wege for bunker / round the greens.......
They are so unforgiving with a really small sweet spot

Unless your a class 1 golfer get rid

I'm not getting rid. I don't need to. I'm not a class 1 golfer, but I don't have any problems with blades. I prefer them. If that's ok with you.

End of summer when I can actually play!

As per last year, I'd be up for it if it fitted in with when I can get time off work.

I was going to pm penk at some point to discuss options...

Yeah man, providing you Tiger's won't be too annoyed by a kitten hacking his way up behind you!

I'm getting my clubs tonight.

Hope to get to the range with them tomorrow

Whack your dates in here and we can see how many we can get.

The same reasons I play and also the weather is the reason I give up between October and April. I can't see the fun in playing in the cold.

I maybe able to play midweek in September but not until then

Whack your dates in here and we can see how many we can get.

The same reasons I play and also the weather is the reason I give up between October and April. I can't see the fun in playing in the cold.

Yeah, I also don't play Oct-April usually.

Okely dokely:
29 June (tbc)
18/19 July
1/2 August
9 August
2 days out of 14/15/16/17 August

I maybe able to play midweek in September but not until then

September is definitely out for me, but I can't say why on a public forum....

9 August or the 2 days out of.. are the best for me.

I'm not getting rid. I don't need to. I'm not a class 1 golfer, but I don't have any problems with blades. I prefer them. If that's ok with you.

What Handicap are you? Blades are really hard to hit,very few club golfers can hit them, they are truly inforgiving, if you found a set of cavity backs I would suggest you could shave some shots from your handicap.
When I went to buy a set last time I was told to ignore blades, and went for Ping G10's, really nice to hit, nice big sweet spot, and very forgivin. Blades are the clubs for the Pro's / Class 1 golfer

Back