• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Got a mystery meat from the freezer last night and it's pork loin. Probably going to slice it up and oven it with......actually, I've no idea. I'll figure something out.

(Note - I originally wrote "I'll wing it", but Paul would've replied saying pigs don't have wings.)
Cook it whole, let it rest and then slice as you please. You'll lose the tenderness of the cut otherwise.

Cover it in pesto, wrap in prosciutto and then put it in the oven.

Delicious.

Smoked haddock in a cheese sauce, the crusty bread for cleaning the bowl afterwards :)
Don't think I've ever had haddock and cheese sauce. Sounds nice though.

Salmon and Prawn Wellington in white wine. Hope it lives up to the picture on the box.
Served with asparagus.

smoked haddock with cheese sauce is superb.

bought a tiger bread loaf, so having cheese and chip butties, made in the air fryer.

Got a slab of meat in the slow cooker for a stew this evening. Hopefully it warm me cockles up as it was -6° when i left the house this morning

Don't think I've ever had haddock and cheese sauce. Sounds nice though.
I just added some garlic, seasoning and butter, wrapped it in foil and cooked in the oven. Had it with new potatoes (in parsley butter) and mixed vegetables.

Reactions: PPB
Steak and chips, onion rings, mushrooms and beans.

Beans as in baked beans? With steak?

Beans as in baked beans? With steak?
Branston baked beans, which have very little sauce, which is how I like me beans. With HP on them.
Steak. With blob of mustard.
Chips. Lots of vinegar.
Mushrooms. Plain.

Heinz beans I wouldn't let anywhere near me steak 😜

Don't think beans should be near a steak dinner personally. Peas yes.

• Haha
I wouldn't have any beans near any dish but that's because I hate them. But if you do like them I think it's reasonably standard to have them with steak if you're doing it yourself, less so in a restaurant.

If you swap beans out for a couple of eggs there, and I'd have fried onions rather than onion rings, then you're talking perfection.

Also never scrimp on steak. If you're going to do it then do it properly, pay the money. One of life's new found joys is the occasional times a real serious decent cut of steak is marked down in the Co-Op, all over it.

Agree beans don't belong with a decent steak (& agree with DW get the best you can on that)

Mushrooms, fried onion & peas are the right accompianment

What you like is the right accompaniment. No roolz.

Just agreeing with my learned friend above there are two rules
  • Enjoy what you like
  • Nobody can ever tell you "you'll like this" that's for you to discover

I do my steaks seared in butter and garlic, with mashed potato, fried onion and mushroom, pepper sauce on the side and a garnish of rocket as it's a peppery type of herb goes really well with steak

There's a pub by us, The Windmill, that used to do large steaks and chips, but the steaks were draped over the chips. chips drizzled in steak juice is up there with getting married and your first child being born :)

Back