• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Went out for a steak last night which I ordered rare as is my preference. The bloody chef microwaved it and then put it on the grill for about two seconds as side to get some grill marks on it. Blindingly obvious as the sinew and fat in the steak hadn’t broken down at all. Fucking awful, and I won’t be returning to that place.

That's bad mate. Where did you go? Pub, RSL, restaurant?

I remember having a cracking meal in the Master Buiders Wollongong, fair few years ago mind.

That's bad mate. Where did you go? Pub, RSL, restaurant?
Pub. Annoying thing is there is a very good one that does a good steak only a couple of k s in the other direction but this one is next to the chemists and my brother needed to pick up a prescription so we thought we would try it. No redeeming features really.

Ha, remember it well, first time we went and the pilot saying we’re just over Australia and saying to the Missus ‘it won’t be long now’, five hours later.

Pub. Annoying thing is there is a very good one that does a good steak only a couple of k s in the other direction but this one is next to the chemists and my brother needed to pick up a prescription so we thought we would try it. No redeeming features really.
Usually the pubs do some pretty good food IME. Looks like you copped an exception to the rule.

Ha, remember it well, first time we went and the pilot saying we’re just over Australia and saying to the Missus ‘it won’t be long now’, five hours later.
I remember the first time I flew from Singapore to Sydney the flight time 8 hours, 6 of which were over Oz.

I did Abu Dhabi to Melbourne this time. Bloody long time in the air. Passing Sri Lanka was about a third of the way through at sunset and then it was dawn as we passed Adelaide in the descent.

I definitely prefer the two pit stop route via Dubai and Singapore. 6, 6, 8 is much kinder on the body than 6.5, 13.5

I imagine it's better to sleep on a longer flight? If you can that is.

I imagine it's better to sleep on a longer flight? If you can that is.
Depends on the carrier and where you're sitting and the indivudual. Sleeping on Econony class is not particularly easy IME.

I find the departure and arrival times help a lot. For instance depart Man at 11:00 on Thursday to arrive Sydney around 20:00. Get picked up, drive to Central Coast have a couple of cold ones and bed before midnight. That way you're straight into a decent sleeping pattern.

Back