• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Mash with spring onions finally chopped and mixed in with butter and peas, two soft fried eggs on top, all sliced up and mixed in.
Am still full as a butchers dog this morning.

Duck, pork, pistachio and cranberry terrine with spiced fruit chutney and bagel crisps

Roast pheasant, parsnip puree, steamed julienne of leek & prunes, seasonal vegetables and game prune jus.

Last edited:
Wow! Just had one of the best meals of the holiday!
We had a turkey dinner
We had a ham dinner
We had turkey and ham leftover dinner
All came with carrots, sprouts, lardons, streaky bacon over the turkey crown, bacon and leek stuffing, peas and other veg.
Tonight, left over bits of ham, left over bits of turkey, all the veg and stuffing including a forgotten whole lamb shank, half a litre of chicken stock, all blended with about 6 chopped up potatoes, and blended the whole thing into a thick broth.
Absolutely gorgeous.
Just fantastic with a crusty baguette.

Wow! Just had one of the best meals of the holiday!
We had a turkey dinner
We had a ham dinner
We had turkey and ham leftover dinner
All came with carrots, sprouts, lardons, streaky bacon over the turkey crown, bacon and leek stuffing, peas and other veg.
Tonight, left over bits of ham, left over bits of turkey, all the veg and stuffing including a forgotten whole lamb shank, half a litre of chicken stock, all blended with about 6 chopped up potatoes, and blended the whole thing into a thick broth.
Absolutely gorgeous.
Just fantastic with a crusty baguette.
Bread dipped in a liquidised roast dinner....?

Not something I'll be making any time soon.

Well it was really flavoursome stuffing, not just bread.
And it was a fair way from an ordinary roast dinner.
After 3 days of this and that, a good tasty pan of wholesome soup was just the job!

Doing that to a roast to make a great soup is like a Big Soup for the ages. Absolutely nothing wrong there. But we all know Bear is onlyrivalled by Mark in the weird food take stakes.

It’s scalding hot today and I am dog sitting at a friends house in town. So I am popping to Coles (Oz version of Tesco) and hoping to get a couple of Moreton Bay bugs to fry with garlic basil and a bit of chilli and lemon juice. Maybe some linguine too

Last edited:
No bugs sadly but got some huge tiger prawns which will also be lovely. The walk to Coles was insanely hot. Jesus it’s hotter than the seventh circle of hell in QLD today

What's a 'bug'?
Assuming it's not something you find on your windscreen at 75mph?

Back